2022-2023 Offseason Thread

rmc523

Just a thought but what if the "big move" is Pablo for Arraez and move Jazz to CF?

C. Stallings
1B. Cooper
2B. Arraez
3B. Segura
SS. Wendle
LF. Sanchez/Bleday
CF. Jazz
RF. Garcia
DH. Soler

Maybe they're not willing to meet the asking price for Reynolds, and so they manufacture a CF in Jazz.

7 hours ago, Entendu said:

Get someone like Arráez AND THEN trade for Reynolds, and I'm back in.

Until this, this is all bullshit and this team still sucks

Yeah as others have said I don’t think Pablo was ever being targeted by Pittsburgh so in theory they could make this trade and get Reynolds separately. However, I’m concerned that starts to push them to a point where they’re completely depleting the good rotation they have and then we’re stuck waiting 2-3 years for the Eder/Perez/Meyer group to develop and we’re back at square one. 

6 hours ago, ultimopain said:

Just a thought but what if the "big move" is Pablo for Arraez and move Jazz to CF?

C. Stallings
1B. Cooper
2B. Arraez
3B. Segura
SS. Wendle
LF. Sanchez/Bleday
CF. Jazz
RF. Garcia
DH. Soler

Maybe they're not willing to meet the asking price for Reynolds, and so they manufacture a CF in Jazz.

Uff, looking at it on paper really shows how far this team is from a good lineup lol TON of strikeouts in that bih

1 hour ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Yeah as others have said I don’t think Pablo was ever being targeted by Pittsburgh so in theory they could make this trade and get Reynolds separately. However, I’m concerned that starts to push them to a point where they’re completely depleting the good rotation they have and then we’re stuck waiting 2-3 years for the Eder/Perez/Meyer group to develop and we’re back at square one. 

Yeah, agree, that's definitely a concern.  It's not like we had a full, effective rotation healthy the whole season.

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, agree, that's definitely a concern.  It's not like we had a full, effective rotation healthy the whole season.

Yup, and it’s not like it was some elite rotation either. It was borderline top 10 in ERA alone and even worse in some other important factors. So eliminating two-thirds of that is going to be rough. I don’t have much expectation for Garret, Meyer is out for the season, Eder won’t be available til the all star break at least (and that’s if he comes back anywhere near the level he was at before the injury). So then who do we have? Luzardo is a major wild card and the hope is Cueto can repeat what he did last year. But after that it’s Castańo? Garret? Who?

I still think the rotation is deep enough that we could, and should, trade two starters from it. There are "better" teams who are considered contenders who are gonna get by with lesser rotations because they have the offense to overcome it. Subtracting two starters and adding two bats would help us more.

17 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I still think the rotation is deep enough that we could, and should, trade two starters from it. There are "better" teams who are considered contenders who are gonna get by with lesser rotations because they have the offense to overcome it. Subtracting two starters and adding two bats would help us more.

Yeah, this is true too.  Doesn't matter if you have the best rotation of all time, if you can't score it doesn't matter.