Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins 2026 Trade Deadline Talk

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

Kevin and Christina are like 23 years old and trying to crack into a tough sports journalist industry. Kevin is worse and more annoying than Christina but I don’t fault them for the completely 100% pro Bendix stance and take they have

Guess so. I miss when the team was covered by people with integrity though. Juan Rodriguez, Clark Spencer, Joe Capozzi, Mike Berardino

I think the trades were fine and returns fine my issue always has been this team had a lack of pitching depth to start the season and their solution was to trade weathers and sign paddack. They were never serious about 2026

For the most part the media has an agenda and/or is overly positive while lacking the essential baseball knowledge and analytics to understand the differences and nuances of what constitutes good long-term decision making.

The most egregious example is our Taiwanese friend who wants to lock up a 31-year old Sandy to like an 9 year extension without realizing that there is about a handful of 30+ guys who signed extensions and probably all but one are on absolutely horrific contracts that would be tantamount to financial suicide under the Sherman regime.

(For reference the one good one is Zack Wheeler- of which they narrowly escaped a career-ending injury. The horrific ones are Jose Ramirez, Jose Altuve, Manny Machado, Mike Trout, Mookie Betts, Yu Darvish, Miles Mikolas, and Reynaldo Lopez). Absolute albatross contracts comparable to Albert Pujols and Miguel Cabrera in their late-career Willie Mays on the Mets impressions.

The fact almost no one in the media or on the message boards has mentioned Kisting, Beck, and Kim and focused on the other prospects we acquired shows a complete lack of baseball knowledge.

Jace Beck is 6 foot 9 inches and is striking out batters at a rate of 16 batters per 9 innings. That is rarified air even if he is a bit older and has other flaws. Yet all I hear is the guy repeating AAA (Long, no disrespect as he could be useful) and playing cards with Kevin Alcantara on the buses for two years as if he is the real get. Same with Kisting, same with Kim. It's a complete lack of player evaluation.

Does that mean they will turn out to be useful major leaguers? Absolutely not. But it's baseball and if they hit a .300 average on prospects like at bat they will contend for championships. Not just today, not just tomorrow, but for a long time in the future. It takes time. Trust the approach, trust the process. We have guys that actually know what they are doing. I wish I could say the same for some of the team's biggest cheerleaders.

  • Author
45 minutes ago, DTrain said:

the 12 game losing streak is brought up because it’s very relevant. It came at the worst possible time. It came at a time when FO’s are deep in the trenches deciding what direction to head leading up to the deadline.

Very off topic but what happened to Son of Jack, @SilverBullet and @Michael ?

Is Son of Jack now Admin? I’m so confused.

And where the hell is @pollythewog ?!?!

Yes, Son of Jack is @Admin .

I asked that yesterday about @Michael - looks like he was last active back in April....guess he punted on the season?

Looks like @SilverBullet was last active in May.

Not sure why they both have been MIA.

27 minutes ago, TheMarlinsProject said:

It is really hard to overstate how horrific the infrastructure of the international scouting, drafting, and minor league development of the Marlins organization was 5-10 years ago. That's not even mentioning the analytics and other development areas that were light years behind other organizations. We like to mock all the first year off field moves in the back of the house but they were setting the foundation for sustainable long-term success in the vein of the Rays. It will take a good amount of time to see the fruits of that labor but when we do hit on a generational player like a Junior Caminero or Jackson Chourio then they will take the leap to year in and year out contenders despite the albatross around our neck (his initial are ironically BS). Take a look at some of the absolutely pathetic and atrocious international signings classes of the mid-10's. A guy on a card table outside a bodega in San Pedro de Macoris was the equivalent of our scouting efforts in that area for years.

Rome wasn't built in a day and the goal is sustainable long-term success. This is achievable under Bendix and it's only going to get better. Unless of course, we screw it up in typical Marlin fashion.

This ownership group has owned the team for 9 years now. You can only peddle the "look at where they started" BS so long before making them take accountability.

15 minutes ago, Admin said:

This is the kind of nonsense that is also annoying. Talking about Vodnik like he was an amazing acquisition. “Stunned everyone”

i get fish on first is desperate to keep their credentials so they get on their knees for the front office but come on.

Lol, this move didn't "stun" anyone.

Stunning everyone would've been the Marlins getting Skubal (not saying we should've, just an example).

  • Author
3 minutes ago, TheMarlinsProject said:

Trust the approach, trust the process. We have guys that actually know what they are doing. I wish I could say the same for some of the team's biggest cheerleaders.

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

  • Author

TV news for potential Sielaff pair analyst for next year.

For the Aug. 11-13 series against Pittsburgh, the Marlins will use radio voice Jack McMullen on the TV call and TV announcer Kyle Sielaff on radio. The Marlins are doing this to see how McMullen’s crisp radio call will translate to television. If he aces the assignment, he would be positioned to back up Sielaff next season, in addition to continuing his duties as the team’s radio voice. Sielaff took off one series this season; Craig Minervini filled in.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/miami-marlins/article316714953.html#storylink=cpy

17 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

TV news for potential Sielaff pair analyst for next year.

For the Aug. 11-13 series against Pittsburgh, the Marlins will use radio voice Jack McMullen on the TV call and TV announcer Kyle Sielaff on radio. The Marlins are doing this to see how McMullen’s crisp radio call will translate to television. If he aces the assignment, he would be positioned to back up Sielaff next season, in addition to continuing his duties as the team’s radio voice. Sielaff took off one series this season; Craig Minervini filled in.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/miami-marlins/article316714953.html#storylink=cpy

I don't see anything about analysts. I just see that Jack McMullen will get a look as TV PBP and back up Sielaff next year. Both guys do a good job IMO.

They do need to find an analyst though. Nelson and Gaby stink. I think I've said this before, but I think it'd be fucking cool, and I think he'd do a great job, if they got D-Train to be the analyst. The thing probably holding this up is he's a west coast guy.

  • Author
1 hour ago, farmer_fran said:

I don't see anything about analysts. I just see that Jack McMullen will get a look as TV PBP and back up Sielaff next year. Both guys do a good job IMO.

They do need to find an analyst though. Nelson and Gaby stink. I think I've said this before, but I think it'd be fucking cool, and I think he'd do a great job, if they got D-Train to be the analyst. The thing probably holding this up is he's a west coast guy.

I guess I mis-read that.....I interpreted "back up" as the analyst, but I guess it's meaning back up as in if Sielaff can't make a few games.

13 minutes ago, Admin said:

Agustin is replacing Hicks on the roster. WHAT AN UPGRADE!

I obviously hope he tears it up these final 2 months but I'd be lying if I said I think he will.

I miss seeing him hit a Homer and he does the driving a car motion as he rounds 3rd.

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

TV news for potential Sielaff pair analyst for next year.

For the Aug. 11-13 series against Pittsburgh, the Marlins will use radio voice Jack McMullen on the TV call and TV announcer Kyle Sielaff on radio. The Marlins are doing this to see how McMullen’s crisp radio call will translate to television. If he aces the assignment, he would be positioned to back up Sielaff next season, in addition to continuing his duties as the team’s radio voice. Sielaff took off one series this season; Craig Minervini filled in.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/miami-marlins/article316714953.html#storylink=cpy

This is GREAT news. Anytime there is a chance of LESS Sielol I am liking it.

Hopefully Kyle gets a big job somewhere and they make Jack and AJ Ramos/Rod Allen the TV team.

Is there anyway you can please post the paragraph of the article that this info is in? It’s behind a paywall?

  • Author
25 minutes ago, DTrain said:

This is GREAT news. Anytime there is a chance of LESS Sielol I am liking it.

Hopefully Kyle gets a big job somewhere and they make Jack and AJ Ramos/Rod Allen the TV team.

Is there anyway you can please post the paragraph of the article that this info is in? It’s behind a paywall?

Hmm, I actually like Sielaff. I enjoy his broadcasts more than Severino......Sielaff feels more like a hometown broadcaster than Severino who felt like a national guy.

And what do you mean post the paragraph of the article? Which paragraph? It had a lot of subjects in it (mostly overall trade deadline talk), so is there something specific you're asking about, and I'll try.

In the end, my hopes were crushed on the last day, at 2:30 in the morning in Taiwan, we finally trade Hicks.

As much as I despise Sherman, I'd rather believe he wasn't happy about the 12-game losing streak, so I really hope they keep all their core players at least to make a push for the playoffs but they don't.

Seizing the current playoff opportunity is what matters most, rather than always pinning your hopes on a brilliant future.

I will say one more thing about Hicks. The Marlins had a log jam of lefty hitters. As long as everyone stayed healthy, you had Conine, Caissie, Stowers, and Hicks vying for 3 spots in the lineup. The people upset at the trade are upset because Hicks has the highest floor out of the 4. The people fine with the trade are fine because Hicks has the lowest ceiling of the 4.

20 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

I will say one more thing about Hicks. The Marlins had a log jam of lefty hitters. As long as everyone stayed healthy, you had Conine, Caissie, Stowers, and Hicks vying for 3 spots in the lineup. The people upset at the trade are upset because Hicks has the highest floor out of the 4. The people fine with the trade are fine because Hicks has the lowest ceiling of the 4.

You continue to ignore that most of the people "upset with the trade" are actually upset with the fact the team did nothing to try and help the 2026 squad. It isn't the Hicks trade itself that is the problem.

we still don't have a blue chip hyped prospect in our minors that people are clamoring to debut. It feels like they just keep trying to acquire quantity over quality. Guys in A ball are never going to excite me much either as that's not a good comp for MLB. the difference between AA and AAA is more negligible and there's a healthy number of prospects that go from AA to MLB instead of stopping in AAA first so those are slightly better comps. Still, once again, the Marlins are a team in need of quality above replacement level MLBers and once again, an owner who will do shit all to sign those via FA when the time comes.

3 years ago "trust the process!"

today "trust the process!"

3 years from now "trust the process!"

6 years from now "damn, guys got too expensive, time to retool. trust the process!"

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

we still don't have a blue chip hyped prospect in our minors that people are clamoring to debut. It feels like they just keep trying to acquire quantity over quality. Guys in A ball are never going to excite me much either as that's not a good comp for MLB. the difference between AA and AAA is more negligible and there's a healthy number of prospects that go from AA to MLB instead of stopping in AAA first so those are slightly better comps. Still, once again, the Marlins are a team in need of quality above replacement level MLBers and once again, an owner who will do shit all to sign those via FA when the time comes.

3 years ago "trust the process!"

today "trust the process!"

3 years from now "trust the process!"

6 years from now "damn, guys got too expensive, time to retool. trust the process!"

Agree we need that difference maker. Guys like Tatis and Caminero were traded in A/Rookie ball for paltry returns. We need a bit of luck but the more high ceiling/plus tool prospects we get the more likely one or two will breakout. It's a game of percentages.

All of this needs to be done despite the financial handcuffs the owner has shackled the team with. I don't think anyone, including me, has anything positive to say about BS. Despite that, we are definitely going in the right direction. Complaining and bitching about a 58-55 team with the lowest payroll in the league is unique to Marlins fans mostly because of the broken promises of the past.

21 hours ago, TheMarlinsProject said:

Interesting day. A bit of a surprise one of the outfielders or outfield prospects wasn't moved and thought we might get a little more pitching depth.

Some pretty intriguing under the radar players which seems to be Bendix's specialty.

The trades:

1)Hicks for Brayden Taylor, Adrian Santana, and Jacob Kisting. Hicks was a rule 5 pick who started the year red hot and has been average of late. He's not great defensively catching or at first but had a nice eye at the plate. Traded him at his peak and wish him well in the playoffs for the Rays.

Brayden Taylor-dropped off radar when he scuffled at AA last year. Currently sporting a .900 era at AA as a 24-year old. Mostly plays 3b, which is a black hole for Marlins, and he replaced Norby in the mix there.

Adrian Santana- another first round pick by Rays. Has good glove and excellent batting eye. .300 plus hitter but with little power. Smallish frame and definitely glove first. Youngest player in trade playing slightly above his level for his age.

Jacob Kisting- Older draft pick traded twice. Absolutely tearing it up in A+ with a 1.67 era over 18 starts and 86ip this year. Something clicked with him and exciting upside.

Analysis: Great trade giving up a guy at his absolute peak for three high upside guys. Bendix master class.

2) Braxton Garrett for Jonathan Long and Jace Beck. Garrett had next to no value, can't hit higher than 91 on the gun and was on the outs. The fact we got more than a back of balls or cash considerations for him is pretty unbelievable. Will remember those few months he was lights out and hope he succeeds.

Jonathan Long- repeating AAA with Cubs. Had no path to majors with them but had +.800 ops both years in AAA. More first base depth and is pretty much MLB ready.

Jace Beck- former Mets farmhand. Older for prospect but WHOA the K/9 numbers pop off the page. He is 6 foot 9 and has massive swing and miss tools. Basically he is the lovechild of Mason Miller and Dax Fulton. Which parents traits he gets determines his future. The fact we got him AND Long for surplus is absolutely shocking. Then again it's the Cubs.

Analysis: Gave up nothing, received plus tools. Potentially, one of the best trades in Marlins history.

3) Connor Norby and Aidan May for Victor Vodnik. Norby never could break through which for some reason was a them for that vaunted Oriole prospect class (Kjerstad, Mayo, Norby, Cowser, etc.). May has good stuff but has injury concerns is old for his level and lacks wing and miss. Can't see him making a dent for Rockies.

Victor Vodnik- younger, toolsider Lake Bacher. Slides in bullpen. Has plus tools but has been inconsistent. Rolling the dice on getting away from Coors and our pitching lab helping him reach his potential.

Analysis: Lost nothing very useful gained a fresher younger bullpen arm. Decent trade but nothing too exciting or making a difference unless they can somehow unlikely unlock Vodnik's potential.

4) Lake Bachar for Brandon Bidois, Brian Sanchez, and Hyun Seung Lee.

Lake Bachar was another guy we got for next to nothing and flipped for prospect depth. Proud he was a Marlin and wish him the best but he's on the wrong side of 30 and seemed like he was hitting a wall. Chances are his performance going forward would slowly decline.

Brandon Bidois- Older Aussie prospect who didn't pitch a lot until the last two years. His numbers this year are absolutely hideous, but his 2025 season (advanced four levels, was lights out) is absolutely stunning. If was can get 2025 Bidois we've stolen a gem but the window is short.

Bryan Sanchez- has been passed around to multiple organizations. Has solid if unspectacular numbers. Looks more like minor league depth as nothing stands out. Is about 20th on the organizations outfield depth chart so expectations are low.

Hyun Seung Lee- Asian prospects are more and more commonplace and the level of Korean players is improving every year. This is a complete lottery ticket but his numbers at rookie ball at age 18 are pretty eye-popping. Has a solid frame and should develop more power. Long way to go but definitely has plus tools that could turn out to be major league worthy.

Analysis: Turning an older marginal asset into plus tool prospects is the Bendix way and this was vintage Peter.

Overall:

Not going to move the needle short-term but plays completely into Bendix's long-term strategy. With the depth we have now across the board hitting on 2 of 10 prospects will put us in the a position to contend and win for a long time (10-plus years). The names aren't flashy but in a few years we may be looking back and picking up our jaws at how badly we fleeced our trade partners today. Consistent with the long-term vision this is another step forward for the best general manager in the game.

Peter? Is that you?

34 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

Peter? Is that you?

Yes it's me. I'm posting here while simultaneously interviewing with Kelly on TV. You empty-headed numpty. lol. I'm all the way across the country but yes you got me. Send me your address and I'll autograph your Starter cap.

17 minutes ago, TheMarlinsProject said:

Yes it's me. I'm posting here while simultaneously interviewing with Kelly on TV. You empty-headed numpty. lol. I'm all the way across the country but yes you got me. Send me your address and I'll autograph your Starter cap.

I think the interview was pre-taped, daddy d!

8 hours ago, Admin said:

Agustin is replacing Hicks on the roster. WHAT AN UPGRADE!

I obviously hope he tears it up these final 2 months but I'd be lying if I said I think he will.

I think the idea is to only use Gus against lhp which honestly is an upgrade over Leo Jiménez or whoever they put against lhp. The new cub they got will help too.

Someone else mentioned but with Cassie and conine back and Mack’s ascendancy hicks was pretty redundant to the roster construction.

My continued complaint is their refusal to upgrade the pitching at all which I yelled at to start the year and felt they should have traded for a starter. It’s completely frustrating they’re about to go into September 1.5 out of WC with 2 actual SP

7 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

I think the interview was pre-taped, daddy d!

LOL you mean when Kelly said back to you Kyle that was all part of our deep conspiratorial plot to infiltrate a 10 person message board seeking their approval as a President of Baseball Operations for a major league team. You guys are good. Autograph 8x10 request number two granted for the Wogster. UPS tracking number should be available soon. Check your inbox.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.