5/6 Postgame thread

Scott Olsen just dominated tonight. Forget the complete game stuff, the guy is a changed pitcher this season.

The strikeouts finally showed up too, going into the 9th he had 8 Ks and just 2 walks. Had all his pitches working. Seemed like no one hit the ball solid at all.

And not a shabby lineup he faced out there either. Wish more people showed up to see it.

Spectacular stuff. :thumbup

Weird.... I was just watching Baseball tonight to see the Marlins Highlights and to see if they mention Scott since he had the line of the night for all SP's. But in the hour long episode of BBTN they did not show the Marlins highlights at all, they did not even mention them at all in the show, I mean not even the score, like the game did not exist. Ohh well....

Weird.... I was just watching Baseball tonight to see the Marlins Highlights and to see if they mention Scott since he had the line of the night for all SP's. But in the hour long episode of BBTN they did not show the Marlins highlights at all, they did not even mention them at all in the show, I mean not even the score, like the game did not exist. Ohh well....

Yeah, I thought i'd missed it, but they did show Jake's homer and Ryan Braun's catch...

Positives

1. Scott Olsen. 'Nuff said.

2. Jacobs hitting the HR...#9 on the season.

3. Solid defense behind Scotty, making the routine plays.

4. A 1 pitch save for Kevin Gregg...that's always nice.

Negatives

1. Hitting with .RISP...especially with the bases loaded. We had a chance to break the game open...and did not. We gotta get better in those situations.

Olsen was amazing today, and I really liked the attitude he showed in the post game interview. Turning into quite a team player.

The fact that he was more concerned about his team winning the game and less concerned about being pulled with 2 outs in the 9th really shows that he's grown up a lot since last year. Now that he's matured, he's only going to get better.

Anyone else laugh when Cody came in with the double switch in the bottom of the 9th to play defense... with Brett Carroll on the bench.

Come on Fredi. Think.

Ooookaaaayyyyyy. I've never really been a Cody fan, but we did win. kinda makes that "Come on Fredi. Think" remark out of place. Dontcha think?

Anyone else laugh when Cody came in with the double switch in the bottom of the 9th to play defense... with Brett Carroll on the bench.

Come on Fredi. Think.

Ooookaaaayyyyyy. I've never really been a Cody fan, but we did win. kinda makes that "Come on Fredi. Think" remark out of place. Dontcha think?

Not really. Ross over Carroll as a defensive replacement is moronic.

"I beg to differ"