Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stanton reflects on previous comments before spring training...

Featured Replies

It really is going to hurt if this kid leaves, he has shown nothing but class ever since the team was gutted.

Is there any possibility that we can sign him? I don't see it.

Source

I was listening to 790 earlier today and they played and interview he did at ST. Someone asked about his relationship with Loria and he didn't really answer it. Just said he'll continue to play hard and wants to win. So I guess he's still pissed. That said if we offer him a fair deal I'm sure he'll sign.

No 21 year old will ever turn down 80+ million guaranteed.

 

At the same time, Loria will never offer him a contract, so he won't have a chance to accept.

Admin....what's your opinion of a "fair deal" in dollars and number of years-wise?

 

Ten years, infinity billion dollars.

Admin....what's your opinion of a "fair deal" in dollars and number of years-wise?

 

10/200. duh?

he is being profession but he doesnt sounds that happy either. on the other hand, if the marlins have a good year then the marlins could look at him and say "see, we brought you a contender".

 

either way, any credibility this ownership gained from last year is gone and most likely gone for good especially after what reyes said today.

Did I miss the negative comments? Is he supposed to grovel at Loria's feet or something?

 

He actually gave great, positive answers, IMO. I was pretty encouraged by what he said.

I honestly don't believe Stanton would sign a long term deal if it was a "fair deal". I think, at this point in time, we're going to have to overpay to keep him. It's gonna take nine figures by July to keep him.

 

At this point I'd rather just trade him for Texas' farm system and just end this torture that will inevitably end in Stanton playing the rest of his career in another uniform, but the Marlins just won't give up torturing the fanbase.

Everyone keeps saying he wont leave so huge amount of money.. I say blah blah blah he wants to win and if thats not going to happen I can see him moving on and I dont blame him. Do I want to see that? NO but our Front Office sucks and you cant trust them!!

The amount of money that's thrown to good players, let alone amazing players, i could without a doubt see him turning down a huge offer if the team doesn't look really really good soon

If you think he won't sign, Google "diminishing marginal utility of money" and then get back to me. The risk of have nothing is HUGE. Getting $80 million 100% of the time is way better than getting $120 million 67% of the time and $0 the other 33%, and that's true even if you up the higher figure or its likelihood.

Stanton has to realize that if he blows out his knee and misses much of the season (not a terribly unlikely possibility), his potential payday would diminish by a considerable amount.

 

I'm pretty sure he realizes that.

Even if they did sign him, the chances of him playing his entire contract here are....?

 

Hell I can't remember the last big contract guy that played out their entire contract with the Marlins.

Even if they did sign him, the chances of him playing his entire contract here are....?

 

Hell I can't remember the last big contract guy that played out their entire contract with the Marlins.

 

Basically everyone that was a part of the core we last had would've played out their entire contracts had the team not sucked.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.