4/22 Post Game

canada-marlin24

A 1-0 lead in Atlanta had me thinking how we were going to lose this one. And the save was actually uneventful. Slap me.

Both pitchers were excellent.

Only concern is Cishek's velocity which I really hope will go back up to 91-93 as the year goes on.

I have no concern with Cishek's velocity considering all his peripherals look great.

Props to Redmond for pulling Jose. It was the right move especially when you have one of the best closers in the game.

Cishek has said that he pitches better when his velocity is in the low-90's. His success is based more on movement and deception as opposed to velocity, anyway.

Heath Bell would've blown the save and blamed Jose Fernandez for putting too much pressure on him.

Cishek has said that he pitches better when his velocity is in the low-90's. His success is based more on movement and deception as opposed to velocity, anyway.

Makes sense and like I said his peripherals so far support that. It's pretty impressive how much he has dominated left handed hitters this year: 16 TBF = 0 hits, 2 BB, 7 ks.

I have no concern with Cishek's velocity considering all his peripherals look great.

Props to Redmond for pulling Jose. It was the right move especially when you have one of the best closers in the game.

He threw 105+ pitches and looked like he ran out of gas near the end of the 8th. Left a few fastballs high in the zone. There was no way he was coming out for the 9th. It's pretty difficult to be efficient and a strikeout pitcher nowadays.

One the best outing I've ever seen him pitch, really dominated.

Heath Bell would've blown the save and blamed Jose Fernandez for putting too much pressure on him.

Yes but he has been sitting 88-89 maybe touching 90 when normally hes 91-93 and still has the movement.

Steve Cishek's last blown save was in Philadelphia last year on the 4th of June.

Since that blown save, Cishek's #'s are...

Innings: 52.2

ERA: 1.03

WHIP: 0.89

K/BB: 62/12

Saves: 33/33

5 of the 6 ER's he's allowed during this span of games came in two appearances in which he was asked to go more than one inning. Pretty impressive.

Steve Cishek's last blown save was in Philadelphia last year on the 4th of June.

Since that blown save, Cishek's #'s are...

Innings: 52.2

ERA: 1.03

WHIP: 0.89

K/BB: 62/12

Saves: 33/33

5 of the 6 ER's he's allowed during this span of games came in two appearances in which he was asked to go more than one inning. Pretty impressive.

I guess that's OK. I mean, his ERA is over 1, can we really trust him?