Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident

When you factor in what Jose said to Dee this past week and what he told Marlins Man apparently, this becomes very weird.

"Let's never take ourselves too seriously, it could all end tomorrow". - Marlins Man says Jose said this

"last Sunday when you came to chapel with me is crazy now bc you said you needed to go...you just told me that your last game was "the best game I ever pitched in my life" - Dee

I cried for the first time in 10 years today.

I don't know why. Matbe it's just because I watched him so much dating back to his days in Jupiter. But I feel like I lost a part of my life. Like I knew this kid. And I didnt. I mean I met him 3-4 tomes, talked to him like he talked to everyone. But I just feel like he was a member of my own family.

I remember the first time I saw him. It was in Jupiter. Back in 2012. I watched him throw a few innings and remember saying to myself wow he's gonna be special. Last Tuesday, I watched him do his usual thing in the dugout from my view in diamond club. Interact with teammates and fans all game long, toss out foul balls, sign autos in between innings. I turned to my girlfriend and said that same exact thing.

Jose was more than just a great athlete. He was a guy every athlete should model themselves after. So humble, so happy to be where he is, so happy to just be alive. He was such an amazing person and an overall pure soul. I can say that with 100% certainty having personally met him just a few times.

My mind and heart can't even fathom what his family is going through if I am going through what I am, including his mom whom he saved from the water during their escape and his grandma who he fought so hard to get here. Then there's his wife to be and his child.

Of course you never want to see this happen to anyone, athlete or not but for it to happen to Jose, for me it is extremely devastating.

I will miss and remember this man every single day. I thank him for everything he did for me and for this club and for always making me smile when he did.

You're the best, Jose.

It just sounds like Jose had something that upset him (whether it be family issues, contract issues, team issues, friend issues, whatever it really doesn't matter) and he liked going out on the boat to decompress and relax him. That's really all that it sounds like. Jose was a fiery guy so if something got him upset he let it show. That's all it really was probably.

I did notice that TK wrote on his twitter message that "the last time we spoke you wished me luck on the birth of my daughter."

The profile pic of TK on twitter is him with his family. His daughter seems much older than a newborn. I wonder if those two didnt get along and when the last time they spoke was?

Maybe his wife is pregnant with another?

I did notice that TK wrote on his twitter message that "the last time we spoke you wished me luck on the birth of my daughter."

The profile pic of TK on twitter is him with his family. His daughter seems much older than a newborn. I wonder if those two didnt get along and when the last time they spoke was?

tK just had another kid

It just sounds like Jose had something that upset him (whether it be family issues, contract issues, team issues, friend issues, whatever it really doesn't matter) and he liked going out on the boat to decompress and relax him. That's really all that it sounds like. Jose was a fiery guy so if something got him upset he let it show. That's all it really was probably.

What he said to Dee though is weird isn't it? In context.