Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming

Guest Guest

Teams do not become contenders via the free agency market in 2016.  Its done through drafting/signing international talent/ developing said talent.  Mixed in with some quality trades.  And then use the free agency market to get the last piece or two you need.

Not an entire fucking rotation.  The Marlins needed help before Fernandez's depth that was going to be hard pressed to find.  They are in a hopeless situation now.  This super closer thing works in the playoffs, over a 162 game schedule, its completely unproven.  

Well, yeah Chapman would improve on that. But also not trading a promising prospect for a 39 year old reliever with a volatile past is another option as well. 

A lot of the Marlins pen problems as of late stem from them selling low on Capps and buying high on Rodney.

That's the main problem with this front office.  There is no long term plan or strategy.  Everything is a knee jerk reaction with them.  If a team wins the world series with a super bullpen , then shit let's do that.  If a team has success with speed and defense, then shit lets do that.  They don't have their own identity and the could never be ahead of the curve.  They always have to try and mimic what's working for someone else.

By the way, they do have some intriguing power arms in Ellington, Brice, & Steckenrider that eventually could be shut down closers.  I really don't get why we would forfeit our draft pick and spend a boat load of money on Jensen when in the end he is not going to get us to the playoffs alone.  They should find another SP and give the young power arms a shot to earn their spots in the bullpen.

Rodney Is gone. What happens happens. Paddack is hurt, and on the shelf right now. Our problems come from years of poor scouting and bonehead moves. We can for once pile up in FA this year, and Trade some of our pieces for starting pitching help. Ramos and Ozuna can get us a starting pitcher somewhere..... Maybe a Sonny Gray for Ozuna and Ramos deal. I'd be with it.

Rodney Is gone. What happens happens. Paddack is hurt, and on the shelf right now. Our problems come from years of poor scouting and bonehead moves. We can for once pile up in FA this year, and Trade some of our pieces for starting pitching help. Ramos and Ozuna can get us a starting pitcher somewhere..... Maybe a Sonny Gray for Ozuna and Ramos deal. I'd be with it.

Acquiring sonny gray would be such a marlin move.

Especially when gray repeats his 2016 in 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app

I hate the front office tbh.

I've heard your story before and I respect that you're done with this team but I will never understand why you care so much to follow something that makes you seem quite miserable. You remind me of someone who has to hang out with their horrible ex-wife all the time.

I hate the front office tbh.

Except Sonny Gray  hasn't lost a single step, and had just a bad luck season. He hasn't lost a thing, and is only 27 years old. He will have a nice bounceback season and especially in the NL. Good buy low option. This is what the Marlins do because its what they can afford, so YES it is the Marlins thing to do. Will the A's do it? That's the real question here.

Except Sonny Gray  hasn't lost a single step, and had just a bad luck season. He hasn't lost a thing, and is only 27 years old. He will have a nice bounceback season and especially in the NL. Good buy low option. This is what the Marlins do because its what they can afford, so YES it is the Marlins thing to do. Will the A's do it? That's the real question here.

Yeah. I actually would love it if the Marlins added Gray. Low-risk, potentially high-reward.

Feels like Jansen is going to end up here.

Melancon's close with the Giants and the Marlins are the only team rumored to have no problem giving up a 1st round pick to sign Jansen. Chapman will probably end up with one of the big-market teams (Yankees, Cubs, Dodgers). 

Is it just me? I think if we choose to sign Melancon then we would have more money to upgrade the rotation.

There aren't any real upgrades out there for the rotation.