Marlins season paused following positive COVID tests

Admin

I don’t know what’s true to be honest. If the playoff standings are based on winning percentage, that could play into an advantage for the marlins. It seems baseball is hell bent on finishing as much of this season as possible for the tv/advertising/other revenues. We shall see. I don’t like Nightengale’s baseless rumor; reckless speculation to me for some clout. Why are the Marlins being unfairly labeled the “Covid Team” like the Astros are the “banging scheme” team? 

8 hours ago, Hotcorner said:

agree, if Marlins can't play certain games you don't forfeit and give them the win, just base it on whatever winning % at the end.  that screws other teams over.

Could you imagine a team being in playoff position after 45 games and then deliberately contracting covid so they don't have to risk playing out the schedule?!

Just now, FishFan95 said:

I wonder if they will try to make up as many games as possible or just have the games the Marlins don't play this week get canceled.

If we have a good enough winning pct to make the playoffs, they’ll probably have us make up the games to hope we don’t make it. 

• Like 2
  • Banana 1

2 hours ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

I don’t know what’s true to be honest. If the playoff standings are based on winning percentage, that could play into an advantage for the marlins. It seems baseball is hell bent on finishing as much of this season as possible for the tv/advertising/other revenues. We shall see. I don’t like Nightengale’s baseless rumor; reckless speculation to me for some clout. Why are the Marlins being unfairly labeled the “Covid Team” like the Astros are the “banging scheme” team? 

I feel like it would actually play against the Marlins since 4 of the games knocked off the schedule were against Baltimore. They have literally been the worst team in baseball the last 2 years.

• Like 1

Nobody is going to give the Dodgers or Astros shit for having a bench clearing incident last night? Too busy blaming the Marlins for something when nobody knows how it happened. 

Suspend both their seasons for a week just in case!

MLB: Today we reminded teams of how important it is to follow protocols and guidelines (paraphrased)

Hours later: Benches clear in direct violation of the guidelines and protocols. And I am struggling to find any outrage about it from the national writers who were quick to throw Miami under the bus yesterday.

• Like 7