9/23 - Marlins at Braves - 7:10 PM

11 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

With a normal defensive alignment that would’ve been right to the shortstop 

Albies got a big hit to extend the 1st inning by going the other way in the 1st game. Is there any evidence that Albies is a pure pull hitter or do they just make the decision on shifts by flipping a coin?

1 minute ago, FishFan95 said:

Albies got a big hit to extend the 1st inning by going the other way in the 1st game. Is there any evidence that Albies is a pure pull hitter or do they just make the decision on shifts by flipping a coin?

He does pull the ball a lot but as a lefty he goes up the middle more than he pulls the ball (40.7% to 42.6%) this year. Career, 44.9% pull and 32.6% up the middle as a lefty. Seems he's adjusting this year.

As a right handed batter he is pure pull.

Sometimes I feel like the Marlins are just going through the motions, trying to get the season over as fast as possible so they can finally have a day off..

Well, I don't blame them.. Imagine, they have been working for the last 20 days straight without a day off, and on a few of those days, worked double shift..

At this point I think they just want to chill for a day or two.. of course they still want to make the playoffs, but everyone needs a day off, at least every few days.

1 minute ago, SirFishFan said:

Sometimes I feel like the Marlins are just going through the motions, trying to get the season over as fast as possible so they can finally have a day off..

Well, I don't blame them.. Imagine, they have been working for the last 20 days straight without a day off, and on a few of those days, worked double shift..

At this point I think they just want to chill for a day or two.. of course they still want to make the playoffs, but everyone needs a day off, at least every few days.

Dude, it's baseball.  It's a game.   Not exactly working in a coal mine.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Good thing they’re well compensated for their hard work.