9/25: Fish Team at New York Bronx Team

SongInTheAir

The most likely way I think we clinch is this:  

We win one game in NYC. 

Phillies lose a game in Tampa Bay.  

No way we win on Sunday. And it’s not because of Ureńa.  The Yankees starter for Sunday has a ERA above 7 and those dudes OWN the Marlins this year. 

• Haha 4

Interesting fact:

In 2003 the Marlins clinched a playoff spot during the final weekend of the season against a New York baseball team on a Friday night game.. 

Let’s see if the 2020 Marlins can get it done and clinch that playoff spot on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday game against a New York team!

Edited by SirFishFan

7 hours ago, Erick said:

I think so. Because, at that point, even if both teams finish 30-30, we win the tiebreaker.

I guess if we win, the Mets also can't catch us, right?

1 minute ago, FishFan95 said:

Game 2 of the double header will feature Chris Paddack. So that trade could actually do the first good thing for us and clinch a playoff berth.

Loria planning years in advance!

And we never gave him credit for forward thinking!

1 minute ago, FishFan95 said:

Yankees are a loss or White Sox win away from being locked into a 5th seed. They might rest their regulars Saturday and Sunday which could help us a bit.

Blue Jays are also a factor here, they can catch Yankees. 2 back with 3 to go for each team. That'd slip Yanks into wild card in the unlikely event it happened. Don't know who has the tiebreaker there.

16 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Blue Jays are also a factor here, they can catch Yankees. 2 back with 3 to go for each team. That'd slip Yanks into wild card in the unlikely event it happened. Don't know who has the tiebreaker there.

Okay. A Blue Jays loss coupled with a White Sox win will guarantee that the Yankees will finish in the 5th seed. Just need to hope that those games get out of hand for the Blue Jays and Cubs early.