Post Wild Card Series Thread- Marlins Move On!

Just now, Bret Hart said:

I didn't expect that Sierra hit rbi single with two outs and 2-man on. Cubs chose him after the intentional walk for Rojas, and that decision was pretty smart I thought. 

Shocked all of us. Miggy was coming up and they had the mound visit and suddenly Mags rips a single to right.

And Lewis Brinson scores the insurance run cause of course he does.

• Like 3

MLB Network just spoke about us and gave us the most genuine compliments they have all season. Cliff Floyd says they've proven they aren't bottom feeders anymore and that no one can say the Marlins don't deserve this anymore. They're good now and that's it, this is not a fluke story anymore. And Joel Sherman, finally, reminded everyone that they wouldn't be going to the NLDS without all those trades that e eryone criticized them for, saying that the fingerprints of those trades are all over this team now.

• Like 3

Gotta give props to Donnie Baseball too. Even though in the past I have called him Donnie Teeball, he has EARNED another extension. Even if we all don’t agree with some of his in game decisions, he is a player’s manager and the players LOVE him. They wanna win for him. That should mean SOMETHING. And he has done a remarkable job this year; should win Manager of the Year no doubt.  

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

Gotta give props to Donnie Baseball too. Even though in the past I have called him Donnie Teeball, he has EARNED another extension. Even if we all don’t agree with some of his in game decisions, he is a player’s manager and the players LOVE him. They wanna win for him. That should mean SOMETHING. And he has done a remarkable job this year; should win Manager of the Year no doubt.  

Completely agree. I’ve been rather vocal about Donnies bullpen management/lineups, but there’s no denying that this entire staff has had this team prepared from day 1. 

Edited by marlins_09
  • Like 1

Donnie proving how much "more" you can get out of a team with the right man as the manager. I insist that we have to keep saying and remembering that this team isn't really "great." Part of the story is how this team is playing above their abilities because of great leadership leading to a winning mentality and a resilient attitude. This is not the same as a super team that is expected to win. It's amazing. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Michael said:

They really shouldn't use anyone with any history with either team.

Hahaha. I was checking the different analysts that work for MLB Network, I was surprised to see a lot of former Marlins and Braves players in that bunch.

-Mike Lowell

-Cliff Floyd

-John Smoltz

-Mark DeRosa

-Ryan Dempster

-Al Leiter

-Kevin Millar

If I had to pick any announcer who works for MLB Network for the games, I’d pick Bob Costas just for that retro feel, maybe with Harold Reynolds as the commentator. 

I remember watching all those MLB playoff games with Bob Costas when I was a kid.  

And I think it was Bob Costas who did the play by play for the 1997 World Series as well. So that could be fun.

Well, whoever they are, if they are not the same as the last announcers, it would be a significant improvement.

😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

I love Donnie. I really hope we can get him to his first World Series. If not this year, then in the near future.