Post Wild Card Series Thread- Marlins Move On!

2 minutes ago, gizmo said:

Not gonna lie, scared of facing the Braves.

But WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah, same.

Maybe since the series isn't IN Atlanta, we'll do better!  That's what I'm going with.

Unless Atlanta turns on the sign stealing cameras in Houston...........   😱

3 minutes ago, EricWiener said:

The Braves were 1 better than a season split with the Marlins. The fact that a few of the games got way out of hand means nothing,

That's it huh?  It felt lopsided with those big losses.   I feel better about it now.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, EricWiener said:

The Braves were 1 better than a season split with the Marlins. The fact that a few of the games got way out of hand means nothing,

Also Yamamoto and Dugger and Josh Smith etc will not be pitching this series. It's very different. 

• Like 5
Just now, rmc523 said:

What's with the stupid reporter wearing a mask while staring at his computer screen?  Really?

Might be around other people, you don't know.

• Like 1
Just now, EricWiener said:

Totally agree.

The media is going to continuously highlight that 29 run game for the next couple of days  Acuna will be the poster child in every Marlins Braves preview. 

This time we will have rest and the rotation will be ready to.   

• Like 4

This postseason series will feel very different than the regular season vs the Braves.

First off, the teams aren't playing in either Atlanta or Miami, so playing in Houston will completely even out the games as far as any "home field advantage" is concerned for either team.

Second, the Marlins will have Sandy, Sixto and Pablo ready to go 1,2,3.. So it's not like the Braves are coming into a series vs. Yamamoto, Urena, Rogers/Castano (Although Rogers and Castano did have some very solid outings this season!)

Finally, of course some different fans, sports writers and broadcasters will bring up the 29-9 loss every chance they get. That's ok, at the end of the day, in the NLDS the Marlins can lose 2 games 24-1 and 12-0, but if they win the other 3 games, they're winning the series and continuing on, and in the playoffs that's all that counts.

😂

• Like 7

I didn't expect that Sierra hit rbi single with two outs and 2-man on. Cubs chose him after the intentional walk for Rojas, and that decision was pretty smart I thought. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

Tim Kurkjian called this one of the best team stories he has seen in the sport. The first team to lose 100+ games the year before and win a postseason series the next year. This year will be one of the most unforgettable in our lifetimes. 

And I always thought nothing could beat 2003.