Post Wild Card Series Thread- Marlins Move On!

36 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I "high key" want this to happen. The Astros are the one team that we could face that would actually make us the popular pick everywhere except in Houston. Damn maybe even in Houston if there are any Astros fans disgusted with their cheating who wouldn't mind them being taught a lesson.

On the other hand it might give them de facto homefield advantage since they are letting fans attend and it's in Texas.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

I "high key" want this to happen. The Astros are the one team that we could face that would actually make us the popular pick everywhere except in Houston. Damn maybe even in Houston if there are any Astros fans disgusted with their cheating who wouldn't mind them being taught a lesson.

I don’t want it to happen. I hope every non-Marlins fan wants this team to lose. The team seems to like that.

22 hours ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

Totally agree.

The media is going to continuously highlight that 29 run game for the next couple of days  Acuna will be the poster child in every Marlins Braves preview. 

This time we will have rest and the rotation will be ready to.   

No mop up bullshit because of 22 straight games or something like that. No random filler starters because of double headers, none of it

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I wonder if they need a culture change/new mentality type of shakeup there. They are total losers who think they are winners without actually winning... it makes no sense. Maybe they're not working hard enough because they assume they'll win easily? That doesn't even seem logical but that's what it feels like. And then they lose and are all like what how did we lose and then they can't get out of the rut. 

A "lesser" team that works their ass off to be better will succeed more than a "better" team that half asses everything. 

Their GM stepped down today (but will remain with the organization in a different capacity).

47 minutes ago, EricWiener said:

No mop up bullshit because of 22 straight games or something like that. No random filler starters because of double headers, none of it

They won't publish all of that. Modern day sports media has no abstract journalism, it's superstar driven, trying to reach the whole masses rather than the consumers who care about baseball as a whole. 

That is how you indoctrinate bandwagon culture.  

Maybe if the Marlins reach the World Series, than they will be forced to tell our baseball story. 

Edited by jeffreysfishfry

15 minutes ago, Erick said:

Not sure if anyone saw it, but they’ve been trying to discredit the team making it by continuing to put that they went 10-4 in 7 inning games and had a losing record in regular 9 inning games. 

Damn I didn't realize the 7 inning games counted less than the 9 inning ones. And of course the fact that those games were 7 innings was a Marlins decision too. Pretty sure the team decided to make them 7 innings in their group text messages. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Damn I didn't realize the 7 inning games counted less than the 9 inning ones. And of course the fact that those games were 7 innings was a Marlins decision too. Pretty sure the team decided to make them 7 innings in their group text messages. 

If the Braves, Padres, Dodgers or Yankees win, a shortened season, it will be discrete and valid. 

If we win, this will be an asterisk season, we should just accept it. It's like a relationship from a bitter partner, who blamed a situation that was not avoidable against you.

Edited by jeffreysfishfry
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

If the Braves, Padres, Dodgers or Yankees win, a shortened season, it will be discrete and valid. 

If we win, this will be an asterisk season, we should just accept it. It's like a relationship from a bitter partner, who blamed a situation that was not avoidable against you.

sometimes we really do sound like we're in a support group for battered women and we have finally broken the chain and are taking back our lives

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hovertical said:

sometimes we really do sound like we're in a support group for battered women and we have finally broken the chain and are taking back our lives

That's probably how the Marlins feel. 

Donnie is the therapists. He reminds them that they where once bottom feeders, knowing that it will channel them to victory. 

Back in the 2018 NLDS - Braves vs. Dodgers, John Smoltz did commentary for the whole series with both MLB Network and FS1.

Since he seems to work playoff games every year, I’m guessing that if any of the games are on MLB Network, there’s a great pretty good chance we might see Bob Costas and John Smoltz in the booth(or in their offices).

Well, if it is Smoltz, even though he used to play on the Braves, I’d still take that any day over Chipper. 😂

Although, I’m secretly hoping for a surprise Paul Severino play by play on FS1. (I know it probably won’t happen, but it’s still a fun thought.)

😂

Edited by SirFishFan

1 hour ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

Is this another best of 3 or is it 5 game series now?

The NLDS will be a best of 5 series.

All the games will be back to back to back to back to back. 😂

With the series starting on Tuesday, it could finish as early as Thursday, or as late as Saturday.

No matter what happens in the series, next week will have some fun games, for sure!

Edited by SirFishFan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SirFishFan said:

The NLDS will be a best of 5 series.

All the games will be back to back to back to back to back. 😂

With the series starting on Tuesday, it could finish as early as Thursday, or as late as Saturday.

No matter what happens in the series, next week will have some fun games, for sure!

Thank you. 

I think the five day, no rest favors the Marlins especially.  We are used to that sort of climate (no rest) and it will expose how deep our rotation is.