Yamamoto DFA'd; traded to the Mets

Admin

5 minutes ago, Michael said:

That's fine, he won't be back on the 40.

3 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I wouldn't mind keeping him in the organization.

That guys gonna be serving tea at Arby’s soon lol 

IDC about potential, he’s the only player I’ve seen cry after being pulled from a shoot and he did it twice. He’s made of glass and barely throws 90. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

That guys gonna be serving tea at Arby’s soon lol 

IDC about potential, he’s the only player I’ve seen cry after being pulled from a shoot and he did it twice. He’s made of glass and barely throws 90. 

I mostly hope he took this season as a huge wake-up call and gets way into shape.

I hope him crying was disappointment in himself for not being prepared and not because he got pulled from games.

26 minutes ago, Michael said:

I mostly hope he took this season as a huge wake-up call and gets way into shape.

I hope him crying was disappointment in himself for not being prepared and not because he got pulled from games.

Oh for sure it’s the disappointment in himself. But that’s bullshit bro lol 

Edited by marlinsmaniac

Just now, SonOfJack said:

I don't see him crying as a bad thing. It showed he cares. I prefer that to some guy laughing and joking around on the bench after shitting the bed.

Nah man, it’s not like he had some major fall from grace or some shit. A pitcher should be able to keep their emotions in check. Do you cry at work in front of everyone on a bad day? I’m an empathetic guy, but in his case there’s no place for that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Do you cry at work in front of everyone on a bad day?

I don't and wouldn't.

However, I may if I thought my terrible performance just hurt my chances at keeping a high-paying (even at min salary) big league job which may have been in his head at the time. Though, I'd probably still save it for private time later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

I don't and wouldn't.

However, I may if I thought my terrible performance just hurt my chances at keeping a high-paying (even at min salary) big league job which may have been in his head at the time. Though, I'd probably still save it for private time later.

Yeah I’d have a total existential crisis and ball my eyes out too...at home lol it’s not the crying that’s the problem, like I said, I just feel like he doesn’t have a good grasp on his emotions and that’s not a good sign for a pitcher. Point being I personally am fine with him being gone lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I can't remember the details but I'm not even sure he was actually crying, I think we blew that out of proportion. 

And no he doesn't need to get all emotional but I do get what @SonOfJack said too because man I've seen way too many players who clearly didn't show the emotion you would expect in bad situations. 

Yo he was definitely crying man! Lol no exaggeration at all!
And yes I agree, he should definitely not be ok with getting shelled. But if they’re pissed, I’d rather they go in the dugout break a Gatorade cooler like their father and their father’s father before them. Idk, maybe it’s just me 🤷🏻‍♂️

• The title was changed to Yamamoto DFA'd; traded to the Mets
48 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

The Mets have traded for Yamamoto, we're getting an infielder named Federico Polanco.

Nice, I like that trade!

Yamamoto lands on his feet with a fresh start on a new team so I’m happy for him.

Marlins get a 19 year old(turns 20 next month) shortstop.

On his very limited minor league stats so far, doesn’t seem to be power guy as of right now, but he does seem to get on base pretty well, and hopefully will continue to improve and maybe 4-5 years down the road we could be hearing more about him possibly making a difference in the Minors or even the Majors.

I know we made a lot of fun of Yamamoto, but still I’m genuinely happy to see him get a fresh start somewhere else, I actually hope he does really well on his new team, except for when he plays the Marlins, then he can be like regular Yamamoto, for those games. 😂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

I think Yamos first 2 career starts was against the Mets. If I remember, he went on a nice little rookie scoreless streak.  I know the Mets rocked him last year in one of his starts though. Hopefully he becomes a decent contributor for them. 

I hope he is happy and healthy, but I don't hope anyone becomes a decent contributor for the Mets lol. Screw the Mets.

• Like 2