IIIIIT'S A MARLINS VICTORY!

Cooper went off.

Marte went off.

Jazz is still fun and almost got ejected, lol.

Sucks we lost Elieser for ... probably a while. 😞

Chad got a hit and stuff!

Bullpen still scary but Bass with a perfect ninth.

It's a dub.

• Like 3
  • Banana 1

I'd like to take credit for this victory since this is the first game I was able to watch, so clearly me watching resulted in the win 😛

• Like 2

not shelling out for a veteran SP looks concerning 3 games in.. lets hope somebody steps up. Think we will be ok. This team never gives up. Love the depth.. This teams camaraderie will overcome all but a few guys getting everyday ABs. Gonna be a fun year

• Haha 1

as bad as that blown 2nd game was, feeling pretty good about that series.  Should've won 2 of 3.  Sandy & Lopez look good, bats heated up.  Bullpen issues but hopefully there are enough options there where they can figure it out.  There are a few of them I don't love but will give it some time.  Love the depth on offense.  Call Neidert up for rotation, hopefully Sixto is a go in a couple weeks.

• Like 1

Pop passes the immediate eye test.

Off reaction from just two appearances, floro looks like he'll do. Cimber looks like he may piss me off. bass doesnt look impressive either but tbd

I like how the bats came around. Pitching giving up too many home runs thus far but overall solid.

Starting pitching depth already tested - pretty frustrating to already have two injuries. 

Should be 2-1.

Part that made me smile the most was clearly how much Jazz is already loved by the vets.  Aguilar and Marte  were cheesing over there when Jazz swiped 3rd.  Jazz clearly loves to play hard and get dirty in doing so.  That "slide" into home was insane lol  he literally airplaned it in.  I don't know if I can recall someone with a filthier jersey than his. there was so much infield dirt caked onto it it probably added a couple extra pounds. You love to see that energy. 

For as bad as Marte looked that first game...he did a 180 for the last two games.

• Like 5

Am I the only one that wasn't able to see the full game on MLB.TV?

It only offered Condensed or Recap. I tried clicking on the Rays broadcast version (it wasn't even offering the Marlins broadcast) but it says Requires additional subscription. I have MLB.TV for Marlins and I'm not out-of-market for blackouts since I'm on the west coast... 

Contacted MLB but trying to see if any of you came across that..

7 minutes ago, QbanCastillo said:

It only offered Condensed or Recap. I tried clicking on the Rays broadcast version (it wasn't even offering the Marlins broadcast) but it says Requires additional subscription. I have MLB.TV for Marlins and I'm not out-of-market for blackouts since I'm on the west coast... 

I'm in Nj and it worked fine for me. 

That's really crappy. Sorry.

I am in a spot where I get blackouts from NY and Philadelphia. Meanwhile, I have no access to Philly games.

2 hours ago, hovertical said:

Part that made me smile the most was clearly how much Jazz is already loved by the vets.  Aguilar and Marte  were cheesing over there when Jazz swiped 3rd.  Jazz clearly loves to play hard and get dirty in doing so.  That "slide" into home was insane lol  he literally airplaned it in.  I don't know if I can recall someone with a filthier jersey than his. there was so much infield dirt caked onto it it probably added a couple extra pounds. You love to see that energy. 

For as bad as Marte looked that first game...he did a 180 for the last two games.

Yep. He is too fun. I’m not sure I’ve enjoyed watching a young player this much since Jose. And Jazz has the immense talent to back up the big personality, too. If this first series is any indication, we’ve got a future All-Star on our hands.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, QbanCastillo said:

I haven't look this morning to see if they added the Marlins feed or not but yeah, last night it offered a condensed version or the Rays feed only. I've also been having issued with them this year for using the "watch from the beginning" function if i tuned in part way through a spring training game for instance and also when we missed the first two innings yesterday.  it just doesn't work. It will only let me watch live.  i don't get an error message or anything like you've described - it just doesn't do anything aside from make the PING sound when i select an option. 

This year it also requires me to sign in EVERY DAMN TIME and won't save my login info which is really annoying on a tv that doesn't have a keyboard attached or built into the remote.

5 minutes ago, hovertical said:

I haven't look this morning to see if they added the Marlins feed or not but yeah, last night it offered a condensed version or the Rays feed only. I've also been having issued with them this year for using the "watch from the beginning" function if i tuned in part way through a spring training game for instance and also when we missed the first two innings yesterday.  it just doesn't work. It will only let me watch live.  i don't get an error message or anything like you've described - it just doesn't do anything aside from make the PING sound when i select an option. 

This year it also requires me to sign in EVERY DAMN TIME and won't save my login info which is really annoying on a tv that doesn't have a keyboard attached or built into the remote.

I've had zero problems with MLB.tv this year. I would kill someone if i had to sign in every time tho lol

• Like 1
4 hours ago, hovertical said:

I sometimes get the log-in part, and thankfully no issue with the "watch from the beginning". 

I've tried Amazon FireTV stick, the new Google TV dongle, Samsung SmartTV, and online!

But...

Looks like it's fixed now!!.. For whatever reason... so I'll be watching a game who's results I already know lol, since at least there's no Marlins game today that'll do!

Thanks, fellas. @hovertical @Major-Minor

• Like 1

@Rydawg

I was at the game and don't like staring at my phone while at live games, so I was not a part of a thread. Just wanted to respond to this:

Game Time: 6:10

Rich Hill vs Elieser Hernandez

Lineups: Who cares, we can't hit!

Long time member but starting my first game thread ever.  I did it, well because none of you fuckers did.  I hate you all for this.

Go FISH!!!!!!

The lineup heard you and didn't like what you had to say about them. Also, since you were annoyed at doing the tread, the Marlins will go on a nice winning streak forcing you to keep having to do the thread.

• Like 1

Hey for anyone about to write off the season after the first two or about to jump back on after Saturday, I say give it a couple weeks. At least one homestand and one road trip before judging a team. You wouldn't judge an entire team's season based on two random games in June. It doesn't matter if the first two are the only games you can look at, it is the same logic here as well.

Edited by FishFan95
  • Like 2