4/6 Post Game

gizmo

Really stupid that the Marlins want Leo Nunez to throw his slider more. If that hanging slider he threw to Zimmerman would've resulted in a HR, I would've been pissed. Fastball-changeup is all he needs; stop putting sh*t in his head that he has to use a slider to be successful.

I had to vote for Buck. 1) his clutch 3 run triple. 2) have to give him some of the credit for the pitching, which was good (even Volstad). BTW, love the bullpen, though Leo scares the sh*t out of me.

Volstad pitched good enough to win the umpire messed him up and bad defense cost him 2 runs in the second inning and the error in the fourth another run. Bullpen did great again.

I was puzzled with the double steal with one out and Gaby at the plate but other than that, great game... I still have mixed feelings about Volstad but as a fifth starter its an easier pill to swallow.

Buck for me, that hit really looked like it was out from where I was sitting but in the end it looked like they got it right.

Volstad had 10 groundball outs today; didn't notice until I looked at the box score just recently. That's a good sign for him, at least.

Those four walks to 1 strikeout don't say much though. Vazquez had the same problem the other night.

Glad to see the bullpen doing its part to preserve that lead.