Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pujols to Angels

Featured Replies

@mlbtraderumors: RT @BNightengale: #STLCARDS Pujols now has three teams that are offering 10-year contracts in excess of $200 million: STL, MIAMI, AND unidentified team

I really want to the go to the gym, but I can't leave this computer until we at least know where Pujols is going, or when they are done meeting for the day.

 

 

UCF gym? Don't they always have the big tv there on ESPN anyway?

 

True...but I have to comment about it after it happens SILLY!

btw - I am really pissed at Millar and his continuous lack of knowledge and marlins bashing

 

I also believe that its a positive thing for the marlins for this to be taking so long

 

 

You'd figure it'd be opposite since we gave him a starting job in the major leagues and traded him to a great organization with which he won a world series. He's just mad cause he's second fiddle to Guy Fieri.

Since the Marlins have 5 retired Pujols should wear $$ on the back of his uniform

 

Yeah, that's true, what happens there? ...

 

That's what all these meetings are for. Unretiring the number.

I remember there was talk about management actually unretiring the number after the name change. Their explanation was that, as we all know, the Miami Marlins have no connections to that "other" team that was named after a state and so history resets itself... but I guess this was probably the real reason.

I'd bet it's the Nationals. They seem like a team that would come out of nowhere to overpay.

They also said it could be made up and that even if a third team came along, since we are talking with mlb lawyers about possible contract details, it might not even matter.

Since the Marlins have 5 retired Pujols should wear $$ on the back of his uniform

 

Yeah, that's true, what happens there? ...

 

That's what all these meetings are for. Unretiring the number.

I remember there was talk about management actually unretiring the number after the name change. Their explanation was that, as we all know, the Miami Marlins have no connections to that "other" team that was named after a state and so history resets itself... but I guess this was probably the real reason.

 

I hate that logic cuz with that we might as well forget about our two world championships and we should have released every player who played on the Florida Marlins in 2011. Are the Miami Marlins an expansion team in 2012? No. Same team, new name, same history and lineage.

 

That said, I wouldnt mind unretiring the number... just not under the logic of being disassociated with the Florida franchise.

I think Miami is too far into negotiations for another "mystery" team to make a huge impact. I think we have the momentum.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.