Hanley, Choate to LA for Eovaldi, McGough

Sign Stanton an have a press conference on the diamond and have Giancarlo shoot fireworks out his crotch. He then says " f*** you Hanley Ramirez, I am the real face of the franchise"

You could also replace the head of a flamingo onthe sculpture with Hanleys head and when ever a Marlin player hits it they get a free lap dance at the nearest erotic men's club.

Win!

Yes, labeling this a fire sale is unrepresentative, but this team has an image problem that predates Loria's ownership by years. Dumping players is going to harm the image of the franchise, and the marketing of these folks is just terrible.

What moves would you guys expect to improve the image of the team? If you are a marquee free agent, what would satisfy you that you weren't just going to get traded come July?

They just need to be making the right baseball moves that produce winning teams. If they have a culture of winning, people will quickly forget about the "firesale."

Yes, labeling this a fire sale is unrepresentative, but this team has an image problem that predates Loria's ownership by years. Dumping players is going to harm the image of the franchise, and the marketing of these folks is just terrible.

What moves would you guys expect to improve the image of the team? If you are a marquee free agent, what would satisfy you that you weren't just going to get traded come July?

I don't exactly want this to happen, but Josh Hamilton for a multi year deal will make fans and the media reconsider their "just looking to sell off players" stance on the Marlins (even if Reyes for $102 million, Bell for $27 million, and Buehrle for $58 million should've done that already).

And to the stance that "players should be fearful that they will be traded" if signing with the Marlins, two of the guys we traded off have been with the Marlins since 2006, and Hanley got a 6 year big time deal. Infante was here on a two year deal and stayed here a season and a half of it, so he still has a chance to go wherever the hell he wants after the season. Same goes with Randy Choate.

If people are stupid, then they'll believe that the Marlins are going to trade them as soon as they sign them, but it's obviously not like that.

Hanley misplays another ball at 3B.

Looks like it didn't cause any problem, though. :|

Yadier is too slow. :|

I agree. :|

Did you take your :| medicine?

I took a :| :| :| :| :| in preparation of Hanley's night. I hope thats not too many. I trust your knowledge Doc.

Nah, you're good. You can't OD on this.

Hanley misplays another ball at 3B.

Looks like it didn't cause any problem, though. :|

Yadier is too slow. :|

I agree. :|

Did you take your :| medicine?

Hanley doesn't take his :| medicine because he prefers to sit on the bench than play on the field.

Wow, MLB Network is really pissing me off tonight :lol [besides the fact that Alanna Rizzo STILL CAN'T PRONOUNCE GIANCARLO! And they just said "he hasn't been traded, though ... yet." f***ers.]

They showed highlights of Hanley at third base with us ... "see here, he doesn't seem very comfortable at third, he does this, he does that." He f***s up tonight at third and they get the out, doing the exact same thing he did with us ... Harold Reynolds says, "see there, he squared it up, he didn't just olay it." ... You're sh*tting me, right? Now that he's in LA, he's "OK" at third? What the f*** ...

Even at his first at bat for the Dodgers Hanley didn't run hard when he thought the ball was either going to be caught in deep center or it was going to be a HR. As Hanley slowly ran to first base, he saw the center fielder miss-played the ball and as it hit off the wall Hanley started running hard and reached third standing and even made a big turn past the bag. In other words, he should have had an inside the park HR. I guess that was Hanley really being Hanley.