Hanley, Choate to LA for Eovaldi, McGough

"He just seems to be smiling a lot more the last couple of days," Choate said.

Choate thought that might be because Ramirez was freed of the expectations that were placed on him in Miami.

"It seemed there were a lot of expectations fell solely on him and a lot of blame fell solely on him," Choate said. "It just seemed the more that we started failing, the more he started getting blamed."

Ramirez didn't discount the theory. He was only 25 when he hit .342 and won the

National League batting title.

"If you hit .350, they expect you to hit .360, .370 the next year," he said.

However, Choate took issue with how anonymous Marlins said they were glad to be rid of Ramirez.

"It was basically everybody's fault," Choate said of how the Marlins are fourth in the

NL East. "To go behind him and bad-mouthing him is not really fair."

While Ramirez wouldn't say anything about his former club, he acknowledged that he felt reinvigorated by the trade.

"I'm happy, I'm relaxed," he said. "My mind is completely clean. … We got a chance. It's a different feeling."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-marlins/sfl-hanley-ramirez-reinvigorated-happy-in-la-20120728,0,6454145.story

Hanley had Stanton behind him before his injury and wasn't hitting then. He HAD protection.

Hanley's POPAWOPBIP turned around once he was traded, it shows where his mindset was- and that was anywhere but here.

He played his way out of town like Manny played out of Boston.

Hanley's POPAWOPBIP was horrible these past few years.

Percentage of plate appearances without putting the ball in play.

Yes, I googled it, and all I got was a link to a twitter account talking about Morgan Freeman mentioning this stat on Dan Lebatard's show.

If you're going to reference some completely obscure stat, say where it's from and what the numbers are. Mentioning it without any context is just a dick move.

He just went 1-5 yesterday. And let's not consider R's and RBI's in the discussion because Dodgers get on base more and they'll drive Hanley in more often. Let's at least give Hanley a month to see how he's done over there. I still think he's become too 'homerun happy' to ever be a high average hitter again.

Percentage of plate appearances without putting the ball in play.

Yes, I googled it, and all I got was a link to a twitter account talking about Morgan Freeman mentioning this stat on Dan Lebatard's show.

If you're going to reference some completely obscure stat, say where it's from and what the numbers are. Mentioning it without any context is just a dick move.

Sorry, I was trying to fit in with the rest of you stat heads, pulling random sh*t into conversations.

I apologize in advance for using said stats in the future.

I know I might be completely off but I know the Rangers are also looking for bullpen help and I just have this nagging thought in the back of my mind that if we somehow had managed to keep Choate in the Hanley deal, we could've sent JJ and Choate for Olt and the prospects by now... probably not but I can't shake it. Anyone else feel like Choate was alot more than just a throw in? He's really valuable for a playoff team.

Hanley 0/4 tonight with a K

:laughpurple

it was bound to happen.

At home or away?

At home.

Still batting .333 with a +1.000 OPS for the Dodgers though. So a game like this was coming. I don't want him to fail but I heard so much sh*t from other fans that we got destroyed in the trade that I want him to fail just to shut them all up... Is that petty? :shrugs

Loria and the wet rat are pieces of sh*t. This is a salary dump all the way. If those assholes were willing to eat some of that contract they could have gotten a much better return. I wish they would sell the team

Lol okay. Hanley playing and putting up numbers to even half his capability would have increased his value.