Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident

I can' t remember the last time I posted on this site. I'm constantly lurking though. Yesterday's news makes me glad that this site exists so I know that I am not alone. I don't believe I've ever cried over someone I've never met. I did yesterday. It just seems such a tragedy that someone that loved life so much will not be able to experience it anymore. R.I.P. Jose. You will be missed not only for your baseball prowess but because you were a shining example of pure joy. 

We've all seen famous people die unexpectedly in our lifetimes but I can't honestly recall seeing more grown men crying over the loss of Jose.  Jose was a walking, talking vine video. Baseball players loved playing against him because he loved to compete and he would 100% own it when they would hit a HR off him or get a key hit.  He LOVED competition and because he could take it as well as dish it out you have tons of videos out there with opposing ballplayers laughing or smiling right along with him when he would strike them out and make them look ridiculous.  You almost NEVER see that and we saw it so often with Jose.  I'll remember how seemingly every time they'd interview someone in game (Bonds in particular) Jose would pop up behind  and act like he was giving the interview.  I remember very clearly two instances this year - the first was Bonds putting Jose in a headlock and saying Jose was like his child and the second was when Jose hit that PH game winning double and Bonds was just trying so hard to hold in his laughter as Jose was coming back.   Again, there was so much entertaining facets to Jose that watching him pitch was almost secondary.  My God, I don't think we'll ever see someone with even half of his natural charisma and talent come along in our lifetimes again - certainly not for the Marlins.