2020/21 off-season

12 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Thanks and with the internet you would know everything about MLB no matter where you are, I'm just a fan that hope my team would do their best to improve the team. 

Yeah but still lol it’s like if I were really knowledgeable about cricket. It’s worth acknowledging and praising your fandom lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Marlins are often underestimated and/or overlooked.

I feel like the only times in the Marlins’ history that they have NOT been underestimated or overlooked have been on the final game of the ‘97 World Series, and the final game of the ‘03 World Series, and even on those days there still were quite a lot of people who still overlooked and underestimated the Marlins just because they are the Marlins.

I remember in the days leading up to the ‘03 World Series, an interview with David Wells and he said something along the lines of “We’re going to be facing a team who frankly doesn’t belong here.”

A much younger SirFishFan was steaming after reading that comment. 😂

That made all those ‘03 WS wins extra special for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SirFishFan said:

I feel like the only times in the Marlins’ history that they have NOT been underestimated or overlooked have been on the final game of the ‘97 World Series, and the final game of the ‘03 World Series, and even on those days there still were quite a lot of people who still overlooked and underestimated the Marlins just because they are the Marlins.

I remember in the days leading up to the ‘03 World Series, an interview with David Wells and he said something along the lines of “We’re going to be facing a team who frankly doesn’t belong here.”

A much younger SirFishFan was steaming after reading that comment. 😂

That made all those ‘03 WS wins extra special for me.

Our stregth & conditioning coach in college used to be S&C with the Padres - said Wells was a lazy piece of shit, and didn't deserve to be on a big league field - no work ethic.

• Like 2