2022-2023 Offseason Thread

rmc523

5 minutes ago, Entendu said:

If failure isn't an option, she needs to deliver or resign if Sherman is hindering her. The whole "first woman" bit is admirable, but it should serve more than just her if she goes that route. If she's going in trying to represent an entire gender, then deliver or resign, because you're being a shit representative. If it's Sherman's fault, then unapologetically resign and put out a statement explaining why he's an asshole - because as it stands today, women have a 100% failure rate as GMs in American sports. 

While I don't disagree that she's failed as a GM by literally every criteria available (which includes plenty of non-payroll issues) - if she peaces out and blasts Bruce as he deserves, she'll likely be labeled a bitch as women tend to be labeled. It's also compounded by the fact that she sucks at her job - had she done everything but payroll related stuff really well then by all means but.....she's pretty awful and there are loads of examples anyone can choose from. Media won't say shit and will spin it as she was successful in her time here because if they don't they'd also be put on blast - but I guarantee you behind closed doors people will just call her a petty bitch and it won't help women in professional sports.

But hey, at least we'd get a new GM!

Do it Kim!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TaiwanAstros said:

I swear, I don't care this team until they care us. 

See you asked about this the other day and this right here sums it up. We all like you but you come on here and make odd posts like this. You obviously still care about this team so don't suddenly swear that you don't care. 

Merry Christmas! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

After telling everyone that this would be a Christmas full of giving, Kim Ng didn't get her family anything for Christmas but she assured them that she's been monitoring the holiday situation. 

She said this over the phone, and it was the only phone call she's made since October.

3 hours ago, TaiwanAstros said:

Even the World series winner Astros improved, what the fuxk this 69 win Marlins doing !?

Yea and the runner up Phillies adding too. Good teams don't get complacent, they're always looking to improve. In theory, the two World Series teams don't have to improve their teams while the 69 win Marlins should be desperately trying to get better. 

58 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Yea and the runner up Phillies adding too. Good teams don't get complacent, they're always looking to improve. In theory, the two World Series teams don't have to improve their teams while the 69 win Marlins should be desperately trying to get better. 

Braves and Mets also improving although Marlin Maniac on Twitter (not the one on here, who is at least level-headed) would tell you they both got worse. Somehow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, marlinsmaniac said:

I hear about him and see his tweets reposted here, but idk who that is. I’ve had my handle since 2005, is he more recent than that? Cause I’ll sue for trademark infringement lol

No idea when he started but I think he is Marlin Maniac, he left off the s to avoid lawsuits from you

45 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Yea I saw that lmao what the fuck 

For those who don't know about the Twitter version of MM, he believes the Braves got worse because they lost Swanson and Jansen and "only gained Murphy" ignoring full seasons of Harris and Grissom along with another year of Riley, Acuna, Albies, and Olson. Their left fielder could be a 110 wRC+ bat and hit 9th, whoever it is. lol.

He also believes the Mets are a 90 win team "if everything goes RIGHT" - probably the case is everything goes WRONG.

• Like 1