Jump to content

This team blows


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TheMarlinsProject said:

We are trotting out white Sox and Oakland A's rejects in the lineup, ta and bride. Along with some old rays journeymen things aren't exactly percolating.

It’s intentional by Sherman/Bendix so they can fire sale

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This team blows because, best example, game 1 was a win if you had reasonable quality major league player at bat in extra innings with man on third and less than two outs.  Think that Berti would have been up understanding the situation.  Instead we get a Bride or a Brujan and we get weak grounders, double plays.   This is the crap we are dealing with.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jeter/Ng ran the team into the ground, this is one helluva challenge facing Bendix. 
 

Their absolute failure in the draft and free agency forced them into trades that depleted the farm system. We all knew that wasn’t sustainable.

Edited by SoFlaKingReal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Half of this team and most of these pitchers they've brought up do not even belong on an MLB roster. Do they really expect fans to show up even though they are encouraging you to bring instruments to the games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I stopped caring when the off-season ended and it was obvious they weren’t trying to build off their first (full-season) playoff appearance in 20 years.
 

Say what you want about Loria, but it had been him, he would have signed 3 legit hitters, and a pitcher. They would have been terrible moves, but he would have tried to strike while the iron was hot. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, SoFlaKingReal said:

Jeter/Ng ran the team into the ground, this is one helluva challenge facing Bendix. 
 

Their absolute failure in the draft and free agency forced them into trades that depleted the farm system. We all knew that wasn’t sustainable.

That's true, but its okay to also sign free agents to improve the team until the farm system gets up to par.  Why does the bottom need to completely fall out?  That's a cop out.

Anyhow, I'm rooting for 0-10 at this point.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, SoFlaKingReal said:

Jeter/Ng ran the team into the ground, this is one helluva challenge facing Bendix. 
 

Their absolute failure in the draft and free agency forced them into trades that depleted the farm system. We all knew that wasn’t sustainable.

They just made the playoffs. They lost 2 key pieces of that team, Sandy and Soler, did absolutely zero to address either, only added a .550 ops SS and a bunch of rays cast offs that couldn’t make the team. They also converted one of their pretty solid albeit not great RPs into a SP (of course disaster). They also traded a consistent 2 WAR player (berti) 2 days before the season started and half the RPs haven’t pitched in years. 
 

This is Sherman/Daddy dix. 

Edited by pollythewog
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SoFlaKingReal said:

Jeter/Ng ran the team into the ground, this is one helluva challenge facing Bendix. 
 

Their absolute failure in the draft and free agency forced them into trades that depleted the farm system. We all knew that wasn’t sustainable.

I mostly agree. But Ng’s oldest draft class has only played 3 seasons. Early returns are decidedly not promising, but it’s too soon to write them off completely, don’t you think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The sad thing is, this whole idea of operating like the rays is depressing. They are a winning franchise but have no loyalty. 
 

I believe that is also one of the reasons they struggle with attendance. 
 

For us to go from Loria to this asshole who might actually be cheaper is a pretty insane realization. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, pollythewog said:

They just made the playoffs. They lost 2 key pieces of that team, Sandy and Soler, did absolutely zero to address either, only added a .550 ops SS and a bunch of rays cast offs that couldn’t make the team. They also converted one of their pretty solid albeit not great RPs into a SP (of course disaster). They also traded a consistent 2 WAR player (berti) 2 days before the season started and half the RPs haven’t pitched in years. 
 

This is Sherman/Daddy dix. 

Marlins last year had a -57 run differential, a fluke 33-14 record in one run games, and were swept out of the playoffs pretty decisively. Bendix saw the writing on the wall with Sandy out and inconsistent Soler wanting a long-term deal. I guess they could've signed some reinforcements to stay around .500 this year, but you can't force guys to sign. For all we know, Bendix did make offers to several players.

Edited by SoFlaKingReal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And for those who are still wonder

9 minutes ago, canada-marlin24 said:

The sad thing is, this whole idea of operating like the rays is depressing. They are a winning franchise but have no loyalty. 
 

I believe that is also one of the reasons they struggle with attendance. 
 

For us to go from Loria to this asshole who might actually be cheaper is a pretty insane realization. 

You can thank Loria and MLB Commish for that one. The league had such a hard at the idea of Jeter being an owner, that they totally overlooked the rest of the ownership group. Sherman has zero business being the managing partner of a team, he doesn't have the net worth. MLB and Loria wanted Jeter though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, canada-marlin24 said:

 

For us to go from Loria to this asshole who might actually be cheaper is a pretty insane realization. 

Might be cheaper? He's DEFINITELY cheaper.

Loria signed several notable guys during his time here during the offseason and with the attendance spike last year and making the playoffs yoo? I guarantee you he would have signed at least a couple good players this offseason. Now, had the team stunk again this year and attendance bottomed out...he'd absolutely trade them away again but he certainly would have signed at least one good starter and a good bat plus also extended Arraez. Loria loved it when his guys excelled with individual accolades and would have been promoting the hell outta Arraez.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Might be cheaper? He's DEFINITELY cheaper.

Loria signed several notable guys during his time here during the offseason and with the attendance spike last year and making the playoffs yoo? I guarantee you he would have signed at least a couple good players this offseason. Now, had the team stunk again this year and attendance bottomed out...he'd absolutely trade them away again but he certainly would have signed at least one good starter and a good bat plus also extended Arraez. Loria loved it when his guys excelled with individual accolades and would have been promoting the hell outta Arraez.

Who could they have signed? Keep in mind, you have to overpay to get a player to sign with this franchise.

 

If you think a player like Matt Chapman would have signed the same deal here that he did with the Giants, Idk what to tell you.

Edited by SoFlaKingReal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...