Ozzie, majority of coaches dismissed

Admin

That is true. I don't get why St. Claire is fired. It isn't his fault that Bell went insane on us. It isn't his fault that JJ was still coming back from injury. It wasn't his fault that Ricky Nolasco continues to be an enigma with no testicular confidence. Bad break for St. Claire.

Eduardo deserved it because nearly all the hitters performed below their career averages and closer to their career worsts under him. Also, the Marlins needed to send the message that they don't practice nepotism.

This is not true.

You can't say one coach sucks and the other doesn't when the same thing happened on both sides. Double-standard. Not to mention St. Claire was here longer. As someone mentioned above, the only pitcher to show any improvement the past couple of years was Cishek.

Worst organization in sports, and it's not just because they fired a manager who had a bad season and made some bad publicity. It's just another chapter in manager failures, horrific trades, and other poor personnel decisions.

If nobody can have success with what you are giving them to work with, at some point you have to wonder if the crap that you are giving them to work with is the bigger issue.

The Florida Marlins, the team I grew up with, are dead, and in their place is a team I'd like to root for, but except for a new stadium that is extremely nice in person but ugly as hell on TV (which is where most of my Marlins viewing is done, considering I'm now 5 hours from the stadium) thanks to excessive lime green, I can hardly find something rooting for in. Maybe Mike Stanton, but that's only until we trade him for an entire minor league team (without any actual talent) or just give him up for nothing because we don't want to pay him anymore.

I've said it before, but I'd certainly welcome McKeon back. He's kind of like Loria's Billy Martin too but with less animosity.

I want McKeon back because Loria firing him wouldn't be OK at all with anyone in SFL. Maybe in baseball. I just want to know who the damn manager is going to be and have him around for longer than 2 seasons.

McKeon may not be fired and still not be around for more than two seasons, if you get my drift.

Worst organization in sports, and it's not just because they fired a manager who had a bad season and made some bad publicity. It's just another chapter in manager failures, horrific trades, and other poor personnel decisions.

If nobody can have success with what you are giving them to work with, at some point you have to wonder if the crap that you are giving them to work with is the bigger issue.

The Florida Marlins, the team I grew up with, are dead, and in their place is a team I'd like to root for, but except for a new stadium that is extremely nice in person but ugly as hell on TV (which is where most of my Marlins viewing is done, considering I'm now 5 hours from the stadium) thanks to excessive lime green, I can hardly find something rooting for in. Maybe Mike Stanton, but that's only until we trade him for an entire minor league team (without any actual talent) or just give him up for nothing because we don't want to pay him anymore.

Right on time. Thanks.

: )

this is exactly how I feel about the situation.

other than Stanton the only likable player on the team is a guy who is still a New York Met in my mind.

ugh. Beinfest in this ESPN article about the firing of Ozzie is really pissing me off.

"We could definitely use some stability in the dugout," said Beinfest, who has been with the Marlins since Loria bought the team in 2002. "We're looking for a winner. At times we've done a better job of identifying that individual. Other times we haven't. We're going to try to find the right guy this time."

O RLY?

Miami's next manager will be the fifth for owner Jeffrey Loria since early 2010. Two managers he fired made the playoffs this year.

well at least he knows he has no idea what he's doing, right?

"We need to spend some time redefining ourselves in conjunction with a new manager," Beinfest said. "I can't tell you exactly what the Marlin way is today."

this is exactly how I feel about the situation.

other than Stanton the only likable player on the team is a guy who is still a New York Met in my mind.

Reyes is a great player, but I haven't yet developed the sentimental attachment to him that I share with most good players on my favorite sports teams mostly because he wasn't performing up to his contract for the early part of the season, and by the time he really picked it up, the Marlins were already shifting into horror-movie of a season mode, so I simply wasn't as engrossed in the games anymore (or past a certain point in the year, watching them at all).

"We need to spend some time redefining ourselves in conjunction with a new manager," Beinfest said. "I can't tell you exactly what the Marlin way is today."

That redefinition should have started in the front office and that's what makes me so angry. It wasn't Marlin managers that traded away Miguel Cabrera but invested in Hanley Ramirez, it wasn't them that seems to be the only small market front office that is unable to make good trades to get top young players because everyone knows they are small market, it wasn't them that invested in mosty laughably bad free agents the few times the pcoket book was opened up, and it wasn't them that wasted the majority of its first round picks on pitchers without high end potential that couldn't even come close to living up to that, it was the front office.

Beinfest can't tell you what the Marlin way is because he hasn't know it since 2003. We're simply a reactive organization who overpays mediocre free agents to fill holes, trades talented players for spare parts when they become too expensive, and ships out talent when it is at its lowest value.

ugh. Beinfest in this ESPN article about the firing of Ozzie is really pissing me off.

"We could definitely use some stability in the dugout," said Beinfest, who has been with the Marlins since Loria bought the team in 2002. "We're looking for a winner. At times we've done a better job of identifying that individual. Other times we haven't. We're going to try to find the right guy this time."

O RLY?

Everyone knows Miami did a great job when they hired Joe Girardi.

Luis Gonzalez is a potential candidate...Hmm

Player-manager? Can't be any worse than Cousins, Peterson or Coghlan have been.

The big thing we have to ask ourselves when getting our hopes up for the next Marlins manager is how we are going to feel when they are either fired or resign in less than two years.

I was very shocked when I heard this news. But I try to understand it.

Because everything has its own reason. I wish Guillen's luck

I just hope FO would bring Newly good manager and I want to see the W.

That's it.

I wouldn't have been shocked three weeks ago. But it coming now is just more evidence of the dysfunction in this organization. It took them three weeks to figure out they wanted to fire a guy they had to be pretty sure about wanting to get rid of to even consider it after only a year.

I was very shocked when I heard this news. But I try to understand it.

Because everything has its own reason. I wish Guillen's luck

I just hope FO would bring Newly good manager and I want to see the W.

That's it.

I wouldn't have been shocked three weeks ago. But it coming now is just more evidence of the dysfunction in this organization. It took them three weeks to figure out they wanted to fire a guy they had to be pretty sure about wanting to get rid of to even consider it after only a year.

I know. But It happened. Done is done.

If I will decide to be a Marlins fan forever, I would follow the FO decision.

You're the best.

I imagine this being everyone who's crying that Loria is horrible.

FYI, to anyone who's followed the WWE these days, expect Ryback to be pissed at this.... from what I understand, his uncle is Randy St Claire. There's your fun fact of the day! Feed me more. lol

I don't think he has enough time to be pissed. He's busy eating CM Punk and some jobbers. :lol

But if that's true, can Mr. Ryback teach our guys how to hit? He actually played baseball in high school and college before breaking his foot. Imagine that big-ass dude on this team. 6'3 292 and can bench 525, holy sh*t, he'd probably be like two n a half Stanton's.

... RYAN REEVES FOR HITTING COACH! [Ryback]