Do you have a favorite player on the team?

Erick

Just wondering, I'm sure many are either: a) going to make a joke or b) say Stanton.

Anyway, even though I believe closers are mostly overrated and the only current Marlins jersey I own is a Stanton jersey, my favorite Marlin right now is actually Steve Cishek.

Anyone else? I know there aren't many options since...well, y'know, a lot of them have barely played in the big leagues.

Still though, there are options. I'm guessing some will pick Pierre too, maybe.

While we're at it, who's your favorite Marlin of all-time? Luis Castillo is the answer for me.

At the moment it's a tie between Stanton and Dobbs. Stanton for obvious reason but Dobbs because I like what he has done one the team and looks like a generally good guy on and off the field.

I'm going to keep an eye on Brantley. He has promise.

I like Brantly, too. His face gives me flashbacks of Craig Counsell's who will forever be awesome in my heart for scoring the GW run in '97.

Other than Stanton, I really like Jacob Turner. I think he showed flashes of awesome stuff last year, so I hope he continues to improve and become a fixture in the rotation for many years. I don't think he'll reach his full potential for at least 1-2 years, but I think he can be solid this year and get better as the season progresses.