4/16 Postgame

What is there to say. Losers of 9 of 10. 4-5 those crushing losses.

Bullpen has been horrific. You could not ask them to give up home runs at worst times and Redmond's selections have bee baffling as well. Dont know why he did not start the inning with Ramos. Washington owns us and they know it and feed off it.

Basically all of Werth's production is off the Marlins.

Error by Saltalamacchia was critical but still not the reason we lost. Jose needed to make a pitch, did not make, and Werth goes opposite field because he is know the strongest guy in the game apparently.

I think that we should stop blaming Redmond so much.

Other than Cishek, there's no clear-cut option in the bullpen. Ramos is probably the second best pitcher out there, but we're talking about a guy with an xFIP over 4 in his short career.

The reality is that Ramos is a lot like the other guys in the sense that he walks a shitload of guys and is also prone to giving up HR's. He almost gave one up tonight, himself.

Ramos is like two different pitchers. There are nights when he comes in throwing mid-90's and looks dominant because his off speed pitches are good. There are also nights when he comes in throwing low-90's with absolutely no command.

Other than Cishek, there's not a single guy in the bullpen to truly feel good about. The only criticism of Redmond as a whole would be that he should stop using his closer the traditional way. If you do that though, then every other manager sucks as well because every manager does the same thing.

First off, it's Wittgren. Second off, he's pitched like 3 innings in AA. I've been his biggest proponent since the day we drafted him 5th round, but even I'll say to let him get his footing above A+ first before calling him up.

I've said it before, but Dunn and Marmol can be contributors to the team, they just shouldn't be pitching for this team when it's late and close. We have other guys on the 'pen (like RAMOS) that usually can do that job just fine.

I love our hitting so far. I know today wasn't a great hitting day, but I love the collective team hitting. Dietrich, Ozuna, Stanton, Hech, and even Salty have stepped it up and contributed good numbers at the plate. It's not sustainable, but it's nice to see the hitters aren't completely overmatched like last season.

And a message to Redmond: If (more like when) you take Dietrich out of the lineup permanently for Furcal, I will not be happy. Most people here won't be happy. You will regret it almost immediately, or at least until Furcal pulls up lame for the first time. Dietrich has a future with the team, Furcal does not. Let Dietrich get his at bats.

I still hate how Redmond manages the 'pen, but to be fair I've hated how pretty much every manager we've had has handled the bullpen outside of McKeon and Edwin Rodriguez.

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but there's still positives to take so far even if we've lost 9 of 10. Yeah, it sucks to suck, but I still think the root of the team's losing ways (the starting pitching and the 'pen) are easily fixable. If the hitting stays half as good as they've been thus far and the other issues on the team fix themselves, this team will start to win games, and it's not that far fetched to see these things happening. They just won't happen when we play the Nationals, like ever.

What a turn around it has been with the Nationals. We used to absolutely own them.

Some of their comebacks against us are practically scripted out of a movie.

That's back when the talent on the Nationals roster was probably just as bad as what the Marlins have now. It's not like the Marlins have a tradition against the franchise brand or anything; the Nationals just used to suck back in the day.

That's back when the talent on the Nationals roster was probably just as bad as what the Marlins have now. It's not like the Marlins have a tradition against the franchise brand or anything; the Nationals just used to suck back in the day.

But this is almost like evil. When Werth hit that home run I was truly floored. Didnt even look gone off the bat.

It appears that Slowey is taking Hand's spot in the rotation

Since the Marlins aren't competing this season and losses don't mean a whole lot, I think they should give Hand another shot or two before they give his starts to an old guy who will likely play no part in the franchise's future.

Since the Marlins aren't competing this season and losses don't mean a whole lot, I think they should give Hand another shot or two before they give his starts to an old guy who will likely play no part in the franchise's future.

Kinda liking sticking Furcal in when our 24 year old 2b is hitting over 1k ops atm.