June 24th Post Game Commiseration

I might be taking a risk with another comment...

Does anyone else foresee the terrible trade that Marlins will make for AROD?

The overpay will be something like Ozuna Koehler Capps Few Million and maybe international draft cash. Heck they might toss in one of Dietrich or Prado as a dump.

They claim he is there to teach Stanton.

Marlins sellout a bunch of games. And Jerseys. AROD inevitably fades. We still don't make the playoffs.

Look st our Top 30 prospects at mlb.com.  Check out all the ones still in the minors.  There is not one player you can look at the stats and say, "He'll be up.  He's gonna be good."  The farm system is full of struggling underdeveloped prospects and shit.  The last few drafts have been overall headscratchers.  It's this fucking organization.  

That must have taken whoever wrote that at least two weeks to write it.

I never comment.

But...

This team is terrible.

Sign Ichiro. 

Trade Ozuna. a Boris player won't sign with us. Get a good prospect or two.

Trade Haren. Latos. Cishek. Koehler. Prado. Dietrich. For whatever they can get.

The only reason this is being dragged out is for marketing purposes. Good business.

It's awesome that Stanton could feasibly end with more home runs than the team has wins. Don't worry...Marlins marketing will jam that down our collective throats, too.

What exactly does trading Ozuna solve? He's under team control until 2019 and is a competent 24 year old defensive and offensive center fielder having. Unfortunately this year he's having the same lack of power issues he had his rookie year in 2013. Again, he's 24 years old, which is usually when most players are in their first or second season. This is his third. Do we need better from Ozuna to be a good team? Yeah, but he's a piece for the future, not a piece to trade away for the future.

Re-signing Ichiro I agree with, and something I think the front office is going to try and do. The big question with him is whether he wants to go to a consistent playoff team and true contender next year.

I agree with trading Haren, Koehler, Latos, and Prado. I have no idea why you list both Dietrich and Prado. That would be as stupid as when we traded Hanley and Dominguez around the same time leaving us with no 3rd basemen. I agree with trading Prado simply because I want Dietrich to get a real chance. There's absolutely no reason to trade Dietrich. He's under team control for a while, finally seems to feel comfortable playing defense, and is still just 25 years old. We need to see how the rest of the season goes about, but I want Dietrich playing 3rd base the rest of the season and, if he succeeds (posting a .740 OPS or above) I want him starting at 3rd base to begin next season.

Haren and Koehler are the two guys we can probably get some actual prospects for. Latos/Prado would be the thrown in types that would diminish the return we get (simply because of the money and their declining abilities).

As for Cishek, I understand everybody wanting him gone given he's being paid far too much currently for his production. But I laugh when everybody complains about the team trading high or low on players, and then beg for the team to do just that. Cishek is a classic case. Going into this season he was a shutdown closer and would've netted a really good starter in return. He struggled for a while, and still isn't 100% back, but if you've actually been paying attention you'd see that he hasn't allowed a run in his last 5 appearances, and has a 1.50 ERA since mid May (12 IP).

Oh, but since he's closing people haven't been paying attention to Cishek's return to form. He gets called done for his very poor first 11 IP (which then led to him being demoted to middle reliever), and then nobody decides to actually note that he's been one of the few relievers on our team who's actually been good for the last month. While Ramos has been far too good to let Cishek take back over as closer, I want Cishek taking over the 8th inning if he keeps this up into July and then I want a competition for the closer spot in Spring Training. Trading Cishek would be dumb, very very dumb, and we wouldn't get nearly the type of value for the type of reliever he truly is. Plus he's 29. It's not like he's over the hill.

While the Stanton comment was likely in jest, I'm sure we'll win more than mid 50 games. We'll likely end up in the mid 70s once we trade the older players at the deadline and let some of the younger guys (Dietrich, Nicolino, Urena, Flores, Bour, Wittgren) start for the entirety of the season.

Also a guy I forgot about in the trade section would be Michael Morse, although we'd have to bite the bullet, take on the majority of his contract, and sell for some low A prospect just to get rid of him at this rate.

Guest Vince0926
Stanton is gonna demand to be traded and we will keep our laughing stock title going strong. 

if stanton is truly serious about winning and not about money, then I wish that he didn't sign the contract and walked to a winner....unless the Marlins were playing extremely well this season. he has 27 HOMERS but the team only has 30 wins. Plus he is stuck here with a very bad team. My ultimate blame: the front office

What exactly does trading Ozuna solve? He's under team control until 2019 and is a competent 24 year old defensive and offensive center fielder having. Unfortunately this year he's having the same lack of power issues he had his rookie year in 2013. Again, he's 24 years old, which is usually when most players are in their first or second season. This is his third. Do we need better from Ozuna to be a good team? Yeah, but he's a piece for the future, not a piece to trade away for the future.

Re-signing Ichiro I agree with, and something I think the front office is going to try and do. The big question with him is whether he wants to go to a consistent playoff team and true contender next year.

I agree with trading Haren, Koehler, Latos, and Prado. I have no idea why you list both Dietrich and Prado. That would be as stupid as when we traded Hanley and Dominguez around the same time leaving us with no 3rd basemen. I agree with trading Prado simply because I want Dietrich to get a real chance. There's absolutely no reason to trade Dietrich. He's under team control for a while, finally seems to feel comfortable playing defense, and is still just 25 years old. We need to see how the rest of the season goes about, but I want Dietrich playing 3rd base the rest of the season and, if he succeeds (posting a .740 OPS or above) I want him starting at 3rd base to begin next season.

Haren and Koehler are the two guys we can probably get some actual prospects for. Latos/Prado would be the thrown in types that would diminish the return we get (simply because of the money and their declining abilities).

As for Cishek, I understand everybody wanting him gone given he's being paid far too much currently for his production. But I laugh when everybody complains about the team trading high or low on players, and then beg for the team to do just that. Cishek is a classic case. Going into this season he was a shutdown closer and would've netted a really good starter in return. He struggled for a while, and still isn't 100% back, but if you've actually been paying attention you'd see that he hasn't allowed a run in his last 5 appearances, and has a 1.50 ERA since mid May (12 IP).

Oh, but since he's closing people haven't been paying attention to Cishek's return to form. He gets called done for his very poor first 11 IP (which then led to him being demoted to middle reliever), and then nobody decides to actually note that he's been one of the few relievers on our team who's actually been good for the last month. While Ramos has been far too good to let Cishek take back over as closer, I want Cishek taking over the 8th inning if he keeps this up into July and then I want a competition for the closer spot in Spring Training. Trading Cishek would be dumb, very very dumb, and we wouldn't get nearly the type of value for the type of reliever he truly is. Plus he's 29. It's not like he's over the hill.

While the Stanton comment was likely in jest, I'm sure we'll win more than mid 50 games. We'll likely end up in the mid 70s once we trade the older players at the deadline and let some of the younger guys (Dietrich, Nicolino, Urena, Flores, Bour, Wittgren) start for the entirety of the season.

Also a guy I forgot about in the trade section would be Michael Morse, although we'd have to bite the bullet, take on the majority of his contract, and sell for some low A prospect just to get rid of him at this rate.

Trading Cishek is a must at this point. He's not coming back next year.

if stanton is truly serious about winning and not about money, then I wish that he didn't sign the contract and walked to a winner....unless the Marlins were playing extremely well this season. he has 27 HOMERS but the team only has 30 wins. Plus he is stuck here with a very bad team. My ultimate blame: the front office

Jesus Christ, man. Just....Jesus Christ.

I'm not even sure what this is supposed to mean, but I believe in you Vince.