New Logo Coming

Bazen

It’s a combination of the sbnation affiliation and the lack of options.  Not a ton of dedicated marlins content online.  

Plus the fact that there is rarely much news about the Marlins, so anything that might be deemed slightly newsworthy gets reported.

Fish stripes aggravates the hell out of me because they have so much of a following for nothing.

A Marlins player can sneeze and they'll write an article about it. 

There's better content on here most of the time. 

They really are just like that because they turned it into a fulltime gig for themselves and had a jump on Larry. I wish we could have really gotten the ball rolling here as far as a News Site. Hell, if whoever runs this place wants to try to do it- I'll donate alot of my time. I kinda wanna do something I REALLY enjoy doing rather than just working doing what I enjoy do.

I graduated w two degrees, don't use them and deal with peoples problems for a living. Covering my favorite teams games and press conferences would be really friggin cool. Especially now that I "Work" 15 minutes from the ballpark most of the time.

The Marlins never confirmed it.

You know what, I *think your right. I could have sworn I saw the promotional schedule a month back and it was on it, but its' not even online anymore.

Looking at FS article now- I'm sure they would have screenshot the heck out of it and added it as confirmation.

Nah it was some dude from dolphins maven whatever that is.

Speaking of the Dolphins,  you know how it's funny we don't have any type of history museum in the ballpark other than one or two jerseys and the trophies?

Apparently when we left JoeProSunSharkPhin Stadium, we left a utility closet full of game used jerseys and equipment behind. All of it was pillaged by the security staff. One dude has alot of it becuase he'd go in now and then and go shopping. Wish the old regime gave a shit about the teams history.

For fuck sake, Stantons Game Used 2011 helmet is in the MLB Hall of Fame. However I own it's certificate of authenticity and have his rookie helmet that he confirmed is his rookie helmet. 

I asked them to correct the paperwork, and they simply responded by email "No". This was with photographic evidence of WHAT I had and Stantons own statement.

They really are just like that because they turned it into a fulltime gig for themselves and had a jump on Larry. I wish we could have really gotten the ball rolling here as far as a News Site. Hell, if whoever runs this place wants to try to do it- I'll donate alot of my time. I kinda wanna do something I REALLY enjoy doing rather than just working doing what I enjoy do.

I graduated w two degrees, don't use them and deal with peoples problems for a living. Covering my favorite teams games and press conferences would be really friggin cool. Especially now that I "Work" 15 minutes from the ballpark most of the time.

There’s no reason why this site or any other couldn’t put out marlins content.  The big roadblock is traffic.  There just wouldn’t be any for the marlins.  Without traffic you don’t get ad revenue.  In the early stages or maybe even forever you’d have to be relying on a lot of pro bono work.  It’s certainly doable though.  I like this board and wouldn’t want anything about the board to change.  If you start flooding a site with multiple articles a day and “fanposts” then it starts distracting people from message boards.  You’d want the message board to continue being the place where people congregate.  To have interesting content you don’t even need an article everyday.  Twice a week in the off-season.  Maybe three to four during the season.   Game summaries are useless because people will either watch the game or watch the highlights.  I could see some value in an article at the end of each three game series where the author does a synopsis and hands out grades or whatever. That way if someone who maybe got tied up with work or family stuff during that series couldn’t watch they could read the article to stay currrent instead of suffering through a boilerplate game summary everyday 

There’s no reason why this site or any other couldn’t put out marlins content.  The big roadblock is traffic.  There just wouldn’t be any for the marlins.  Without traffic you don’t get ad revenue.  In the early stages or maybe even forever you’d have to be relying on a lot of pro bono work.  It’s certainly doable though.  I like this board and wouldn’t want anything about the board to change.  If you start flooding a site with multiple articles a day and “fanposts” then it starts distracting people from message boards.  You’d want the message board to continue being the place where people congregate.  To have interesting content you don’t even need an article everyday.  Twice a week in the off-season.  Maybe three to four during the season.   Game summaries are useless because people will either watch the game or watch the highlights.  I could see some value in an article at the end of each three game series where the author does a synopsis and hands out grades or whatever. That way if someone who maybe got tied up with work or family stuff during that series couldn’t watch they could read the article to stay currrent instead of suffering through a boilerplate game summary everyday 

Does anyone, including the staff/mods, know Larry enough or know in general if he's willing to transfer this website to anyone else?

When this website used to have articles years ago, I used to be one of the staff writers, mostly doing editorial type work. I also used to write articles for FishStripes for a short period of time.

Does anyone, including the staff/mods, know Larry enough or know in general if he's willing to transfer this website to anyone else?

When this website used to have articles years ago, I used to be one of the staff writers, mostly doing editorial type work. I also used to write articles for FishStripes for a short period of time.

On the topic of colors, I have this Fanatics branded throwback t shirt with the old primary logo.  I noticed the other day that the teal looks more like a light blue than a true teal.  Probably a manufacturers blunder.  When you put it next to the 25th Anniversary cap it really looks blue.  It is lighter than the blues we’ve been seeing on these logo concepts.  I bring this up because the photo contains black red and blue which is what the concepts all have too. There’s a path towards. Uniform development where the team could unveil something really bold out of the gates and based on how we all feel about it and how it sells they could tweak it down the road to tone down elements that may or may not have worked without it being a rebrand per se [ATTACH]2317._xfImport[/ATTACH]

450219AB-7555-4CE0-BBBA-74583C6F78D0.thumb.jpeg.92003ce33f70b8b386ac04b5f5f2b71b.jpeg

the issue with the teal of the 25th anniversary hats is that new era used two different materials , Polyesters (a lighter teal) and wool (a closer match to the OG teal)

1st Pic: Wool on the left, Poly on the Right

2nd Pic: wool side by side with an OG

[ATTACH]2318._xfImport[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2319._xfImport[/ATTACH]

IMG_7290.thumb.jpg.e7391eb66606d21e1a92c4fcce0303e8.jpg

IMG_7300.thumb.jpg.ecd3b3912382cd6ebddbab8caedbc43b.jpg

the issue with the teal of the 25th anniversary hats is that new era used two different materials , Polyesters (a lighter teal) and wool (a closer match to the OG teal)

1st Pic: Wool on the left, Poly on the Right

2nd Pic: wool side by side with an OG

Oh you’re right.  Mine looks more like the one on the right.  The left one looks a bit like the lettering on my shirt.  I bought my anniversary hat through Lids a few days before they sold them at marlins park. Maybe newera had different dyes for the manufacturing done ahead for the park and online retail

Oh you’re right.  Mine looks more like the one on the right.  The left one looks a bit like the lettering on my shirt.  I bought my anniversary hat through Lids a few days before they sold them at marlins park. Maybe newera had different dyes for the manufacturing done ahead for the park and online retail

yeah you cant trust as reference what New Era throws out there as replicas, you have to go to the original