Corona returns from IL?

Iowa

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Did we ever find out why the guys who tested positive were sent to Illinois of all places? Seems weird to not just keep them at least in Florida.

I thought they came home to South Florida?

EDIT:  I'm an idiot.

Edited by rmc523
  • Banana 2

On 8/20/2020 at 12:16 PM, SilverBullet said:

Did we ever find out why the guys who tested positive were sent to Illinois of all places? Seems weird to not just keep them at least in Florida.

Maybe it was because they were in Pennsylvania. Illinois is closer to Pennsylvania than Florida, right?

7 minutes ago, Iowa said:

Getting these guys back is like pulling teeth. How soon until we officially have Alcantara, Sixto, Lopez, Elieser and Smith as our rotation? Best rotation in baseball?

Friday, maybe. Idk. I thought we couldn't grab guys from the alternate site while on the road without extenuating circumstances but apparently we can.

But probably Friday. I doubt Mejia starts again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iowa said:

Getting these guys back is like pulling teeth. How soon until we officially have Alcantara, Sixto, Lopez, Elieser and Smith as our rotation? Best rotation in baseball?

It's hard to imagine them leaving in Sixto and Elieser and booting Urena. But I hope I'm wrong. Let him be a long-man in the bullpen or trade him to someone who gets hit by injuries/covid to the starting rotation.

15 hours ago, mystikol87 said:

It's hard to imagine them leaving in Sixto and Elieser and booting Urena. But I hope I'm wrong. Let him be a long-man in the bullpen or trade him to someone who gets hit by injuries/covid to the starting rotation.

If we're still in it I don't see how they can pull Sixto and Elieser especially since it's just about 5 weeks left. It's not like there's 4 months of the season to go and they'll want Urena to eat up innings and for experience. This short burst type of season makes everything so different.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

We haven't heard a single thing about them. Kinda weird.

Cooper was taking some AB’s in the footage they showed from the alt site the other day. 

I’d imagine both guys will be in line to return this weekend (given they are performing at the alt site)  

• Like 1

I’m guessing we are going to take our time with Bleday since the team as a whole is trucking or would you think if Sanchez continues to struggle we might see a swap. I’m not up on how the service time is working this season so I imagine they may wait it out since we have so many new guys coming up.

i asked in another thread a while back but what’s the deal with Connor Scott. Is he kinda out of the picture because you don’t hear a word about him.