Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MarlinsFan7

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MarlinsFan7

  1. I heard Arbetters mentioned before...If this is true, that would be amazing!!! Although I would find it ironic if Arbetters were supporting the Marlins if they would face the Red Sox in the Series
  2. As much as I like this duo, nothing will ever beat the line of... "The Marlins are in the WIN column!!!!".....classic
  3. Just another reason why our hitting coach has got to go...
  4. C - Pudge 1 - Dee Lee 2 - Castillo SS - Ramirez 3B - Miggy LF - Moises CF - Pierre RF - Sheffield SP - Beckett SP - Johan SP - Kevin Brown SP - Josh Johnson SP - Al Leiter CP - Robb Nenn
  5. I like Carnival Stadium...I think that has a nice ring to it. Plus they can use Carnival's "fun" theme to their advantage.
  6. As much as I think this thread is pointless, I will put in my share of what I believe... Fredi Gonzalez is a horrible manager. I've said it since the start...before his manager of the year talk, before the 11-1 start. He makes the STUPIDEST moves that I have seen in baseball. Why the hell would you let the pitcher bat in a tight game, only to replace him on the mound the next? Why the hell would you give a player "rest" when he is on a tear hitting homers left and right, then when he comes back, he cools down? Why the hell would you demote our "future all star" and replace him with another struggling player who has an even worse OPS? It's moves like these that irritate the hell out of me! I'm sorry but any manager can have a good year with the talent of this team, but it takes a real manager to guide this talent to the promise land. If Girardi would have stayed as manager of this team, the Marlins would have made the playoffs by now, guranteed. I know he isn't exactly lighting it up in NY, but neither did Torre and look what he's doing in LA. I'm not saying we should have kept Girardi, because the problems with the FO would have caused a major problem. What I AM saying however is we need a manager of Girardi's passion. I remember Girardi grabbing Olsen by the shirt and pushing him up against the wall screaming at him for his lack of production and concentration. And as I recall, Olsen went out and pitched pretty well. What did Olsen do with Fredi? Oh yeah, he was arrested and punched teammates. That is what this team needs. A manager who will wake them up. Who is not afraid to bench his all star if he is sucking it up (Uggla), but don't demote him (Maybin)...We need a manager who will strictly play to win, not kind enough to let everyone have an opportunity to play...this isn't little league. With that said, I hope and pray the Front Office fires the hitting coach.
  7. If you told anyone that our record is 18-20 and we suck, they'd disagree with you. 18-20 is right in the middle of the pack. It's an average record right around .500 that could easily go 5-10 games over .500 with a nice run. The point is we're struggling. We lost 2 out of our 5 starting pitchers to the DL plus our #1 has yet to get going. On top of that, our offense is struggling mightely and has been for a while now besides Hanley and Cantu, averaging about 3 runs a game during this slump. Now if you add all that together, what team wouldn't struggle ??? Frankly, 18-20 isn't bad at all. A lot of you guys will say that's because we started 11-1, but hey, that's the great thing about baseball. Every single freaking team is going to go through one or two major slumps sometime during the season, and we're going through our first major slump right now. Better now than later We got Miller back, Nolasco looks like he's getting back on track. Our bullpen has been surprisingly solid all season and hopefully will continue to be. Cody Ross looks like he's coming out of it. Once we get a solid 5th starter, all the signs are pointing to us getting back on track. If we can escape this major slump of about 25-30 games and come out of it with a .500 record, then we'd be in a great position to make a solid run. The last month has been pretty rough, but hey, we're only 1/4th into to the season and we're hovering right around .500. We'll be fine. I love the optimism and yes I agree, this team does not suck...however this team is no where near a contender. How long is it going to take to fire our hitting coach. What the hell is the front office waiting for? In terms of Fredi Gonzalez, I'm sorry, but this team has the talent to make any manager look great. Remember everyone was saying the same thing about Girardi and look at him now...he cant even win with the damn Yankees. I'm sorry to be a downer, but this team is need of a major makeover. I never trusted Uggla and his "swing" and he is barely struggling to hit 200...our bullpen looks great but it could have been even better if we would have kept Rhodes...I was saying it since the beginning, why not trade for Pierre?!?! The Dodgers simply do not have enough room for him and we have the tools to complete a trade, but the Marlins would rather have Bonifacio at leadoff. But it's too late now...since Manny left Pierre is reminding the world what he's capable of and the Dodgers will demand much much more IF they decide to trade him. This front office needs to take a look in the mirror and finally decide what they want to do with this team. And don't even mention the stadium, that's all fine and dandy, but I dont wanna put up with three years of this BS baseball!
  8. The Marlins jumping out is already announced, as well as the beach. This "thing" that Loria is planning is a complete secret...as in, it hasn't even been rumoured yet
  9. I would rather have a yes or no than to put up with this bs
  10. Only one thing peaked my interest...Sep 13. Hanley Ramirez Bobblehead!
  11. 1 - What happens if the commissioners vote against the stadium? Wat would be the future of the Florida Marlins? 2 - With the new ownership of Dolphin Stadium, has anyone heard about a new lease that could help the Marlins?
  12. Yeah I saw the standing bar in the new Braves stadium and thought it would be such a great idea. Also, thought it was a great idea to include a "beach/pool" Watching the game on a beach...how cool is that???
  13. Here's a great website that goes into much more detail... http://fishatbat.com/
  14. No offense, I'm sure I speak for a lot of people, but can you please stop commenting in his sweat glands and muscle and say what exactly he interviewed about? What did he and MLB have to say?
  15. With all these formulas and stuff, I've come to a conclusion... You guys seriously need to find some other things to do with your time.
  16. who ever talked about trading cantu for zimmerman? No way in hell would the nationals ever complete that trade
  17. I thought we signed Cantu to a 1 year contract...or do we have an option?
  18. Is it true that the Dodgers are contemplating trading Russel Martin? If it is, then maybe thy were saving Uggla to trade for a better Catcher...
  19. It doesn't matter if we're going up against these big-market teams. As the article suggests, he's only 22 years old. I highly doubt the Red Sox or the Cubs would offer him a lot of money. If we really wanted this guy, I'm sure we can match their offers, shouldn't be that high.
  20. He is picky about where he plays but doesn't his family live in Miami or something like that? I thought I heard that somewhere.
  21. my prediction for us is US vs DR... if so, who would we see?
  22. Yeah I agree...the few additions were the key. It's too weird how Longoria reminds me so much of Miggy.
  23. Isn't Cantu a free agent now? I thought we only signed him to a one year contract?
  24. Matt Cain would be a great addition to the rotation...I would definitely make this trade. His win-loss ration sucks but you can't argue his below 4 ERA and throwing over 200 innings the past two years...It's not his fault he plays on a crappy team. Put him on the Marlins and he could easily win 10-15 games.
  25. It's about time someone realizes the truth...the Marlins are doing a fantastic job organizing a competitive team without overpaying any of their athletes. This team is one of the smartest in managing their payroll meanwhile still fielding a quality team. People need to stop bit**ing about how we trade away players. Look at the players we're trading away...Uggla who I still believe is way over-rated considering his avg and K's...(WOW!!! He can hit 30 HR's!!!! He can't drive in the run from 2nd when it really matters)...Jacobs who was at one point one of my favorite Marlins but we don't need him and his weak AVG at all...and Hermida...God knows when he's gonna start getting his sh*t together and start playing to his full potential...I have no problem trading away these players knowing we have young studs in the minors who can easily fill the void while still getting quality players back in return for these trades. People need to stop bitching about these trades and start getting excited about the best rotation in the majors we're gonna have...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.