Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Homerun feature in action!

Featured Replies

My first reaction was:

 

Mother of god.

 

 

My second reaction was:

 

Please let it short out and burn to the ground. (No casualties, of course.)

Wow! That's just.......ugh. Stanton needs to break that thing! Just horrible.

Whether you hate it or not, here's to hoping that feature is used often

 

 

It's still trash, but there's wisdom in your statement. Thankfully, after Sunday's game I will move back to my normal OF seats for future ticket purchases so I can cheer for the Marlins without having to look at this monstrosity head-on.

 

It's been driving me crazy what this thing reminds me of, and I just thought of it: the 1988 cinematic masterpiece "High Spirits" starring the immortal Steve Guttenberg and some Irish guy. Jump to 3:10 in this clip to see the Homerun Feature in action. Red Grooms must have been the Art Designer for this film.

:wee

I'm just upset that there aren't sharks with freaking laser beams attached to their heads.

Seemed kinda slow, to be honest.

 

Yeah - i've gone back and forth on this

 

didn't like the original concept

 

then came to appreciate it in all of it's tacky glory as you could see it in scale with the stadium

 

however, that video just didn't do anything for me ..... seemed really slow and really nothing exciting about the actual animation

 

for such a gaudy and over the top base structure, the payoff just kind of falls flat

I was thinking the same thing, just didn't say it initially. It's pretty boring for something so tacky.

hmmmm. yeah... mmmmkaaaaaay. well it's...uh.... i mean.... sort of ... well it's more like...

er... rather ... ummm.

 

ahem.

 

 

 

well then.

 

 

 

 

oh what the hell.

 

definitely gives me a carnival vibe. I'm not sure the art here matches the rest of Loria's vision, but oh wells.

 

whatever, bring on the silliness.

I didn't think it was going to be exactly like that gif.

it's gaudy and boring. I don't know how the f***ed this up so bad.

(edit: PhxPhin nailed it)

 

I guess it'll be such an afterthought when someone hits a homerun, so it's whatever.

Maybe it's something similar to Stockholm syndrome, but the more I see it, the more I'm perfectly fine with it. I've been to so many really boring ballparks that it's nice to have something that gives the stadium a different feel. It's going to be quite some time before I see it in person, but still, it's like the train where the Astros play. Does it even make any sense? Not really. Is it kind of a neat touch? Sure. And I'm sure it'll work better when there's "WE JUST GOT A HOMERUN!!!!" music playing in the stadium. And of course, the Marlins points that go with it.

well i think the idea is cool but i really dont understand the spinning marlin on top.

 

it is also painfully slow moving.

 

were going to be ridiculed for that one.

well i think the idea is cool but i really dont understand the spinning marlin on top.

 

it is also painfully slow moving.

 

were going to be ridiculed for that one.

 

 

Have you been living under a rock?

Here's hoping that whenever Loria does sell the team, that the next owner takes a wrecking ball to the thing and sends the remaining pieces back to Red Groom. Having said that it is still ugly as hell, but I can see it growing on some people over time.

It looks like a shooting gallery carny like contraption. Cheap looking dolphins attached to a wheel with what's likely steel but looks like wooden spokes. yuccchhh. I'd like to see Stanton take out the dolphins one by one over the course of the season. I just hope the franchise doesn't become a laughingstock before this thing is tossed in the trashbin of public art out in New Mexico somewhere.

It looks like a shooting gallery carny like contraption. Cheap looking dolphins attached to a wheel with what's likely steel but looks like wooden spokes. yuccchhh. I'd like to see Stanton take out the dolphins one by one over the course of the season. I just hope the franchise doesn't become a laughingstock before this thing is tossed in the trashbin of public art out in New Mexico somewhere.

 

 

Dolphins?

 

We are already a laughing stock and will remain a laughing stock untill Loria is no longer then owner and even then we probably still will be the laughing stock because by that point it will be second nature to laugh. No matter what we do at this point, will change the opinion of the majority of the mass media and MLB fans .

 

At this point, I salute the gaudy and the desire to be different.

It's tacky and over the top. Miami is tacky and over the top. It fits like a glove here, I am liking it more and more.

At first it looked absolutely ridiculous. But after several weeks, the more I look at it, the more I like it.

The other homerun features around baseball are pretty lame and boring (the apple in NY, the bell in Phily, the Brewers' slide , the train in Houston). This one is anything but boring!

After all, the thing will go into motion after something positive happens. I don't realy care what everyone outside Miami thinks of it.

Folks at yahoo don't like it...

 

http://sports.yahoo....Y1D1YBXJ9ARvLYF

 

Like a nightmare from "Boardwalk Empire," the display lights up like the unwanted zombie lovechild of a pinball machine, a carnival roller coaster and a diabolical cuckoo clock, giving fans the feeling like they're somewhere in Atlantic City, N.J., instead of Little Havana near Miami Beach. It looks like the ugliest thing you could find in the cheesiest gift shop along the shoreline. Who's up for some neon skee ball? How about Plinko or Cliff Hangers on acid from "The Price Is Right"

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.