Post Wild Card Series Thread- Marlins Move On!

1 hour ago, 97marlin said:

in the 21 games not decided by 1 run or more than 5 the marlins +22. I wish there was a way to remove games started by people not on the roster. Or remove any loss or win by more than 10 (there were a ton of losses like this!!!)

Yea at the very least both stats should be said because there's a difference.

Unbelievable.

In the first round there were 8 series to air so the times being awful was at least a bit expected but there is no excuse for this bullshit when there's only 4 series left.

I've waited 17 years for my team to return to the playoffs and I can't watch any of the games thus far because I work at a job that doesn't allow me to realistically leave early or to watch on the job.

Fuck off MLB this is bullshit. 

And this does no favors to the team's attempts at getting into the good graces of the fanbase in Miami either as the ability to market this team and this series to the city is severely limited by these awful start times. 

"Miami loves watching the team when they're winning!" "Not if they can't even watch the games though!" 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

Unbelievable.

In the first round there were 8 series to air so the times being awful was at least a bit expected but there is no excuse for this bullshit when there's only 4 series left.

I've waited 17 years for my team to return to the playoffs and I can't watch any of the games thus far because I work at a job that doesn't allow me to realistically leave early or to watch on the job.

Fuck off MLB this is bullshit. 

And this does no favors to the team's attempts at getting into the good graces of the fanbase in Miami either as the ability to market this team and this series to the city is severely limited by these awful start times. 

It is not fair and it sucks, but it does not surprise me at all.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 12.25.23 PM.png

I guess we didn't advance in the playoffs!

Listen, I can understand someone accidentally typing the wrong thing and hitting send - and do understand some confusion, given our series will be in the Astros home park.  But this is an at BEST, an innocent typo, at worst, intentional.

But 3 big factors here:

1) Bob, you're a "professional" - proofread dude.  This wasn't a breaking news scoop that you're trying to rush out to be the first guy to report it so you made a typo in your rush to get it out.

2) Looking at it in context of all the anti-Marlins BS he's posted all season (made up covid stories, "first sub .500 team in the playoffs", etc. etc.), it continues a pattern,

3) We're here nearly an hour later and there's been no edit/correction by him.  I don't have a Twitter so I don't know how it works, but he has to be getting notifications even if he posted and closed immediately/hadn't been back on.  He could easily take a minute and edit it or put out a corrective tweet.

• Like 3