Rotation moving forward

Iowa

I would disagree. We have a ton (I wanna say 5, but I am too lazy to check) of double headers. Our starting rotation will be a mish-mash of the 5 above, plus Neidart, Cabrera, Yamamoto, and Urena. I expect that to be our rotation with an additional "bullpen game" in there somewhere. Our schedule is grueling, just the sheer number of games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 97marlin said:

I would disagree. We have a ton (I wanna say 5, but I am too lazy to check) of double headers. Our starting rotation will be a mish-mash of the 5 above, plus Neidart, Cabrera, Yamamoto, and Urena. I expect that to be our rotation with an additional "bullpen game" in there somewhere. Our schedule is grueling, just the sheer number of games.

I agree, except Yams shouldn't be brought back up - he needs to figure things out.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Michael said:

I agree, except Yams shouldn't be brought back up - he needs to figure things out.

I am not going to rule anyone out. Castano will get some starts somewhere in there. It's going to be a crapshoot. I think we make the playoffs if we hit enough, not if we pitch enough.

6 minutes ago, 97marlin said:

I am not going to rule anyone out. Castano will get some starts somewhere in there. It's going to be a crapshoot. I think we make the playoffs if we hit enough, not if we pitch enough.

I agree with this logic.  Coincidentally, the worse you are, the more you have to pitch.

1 minute ago, fish53 said:

Give Urena some love.  He was putting it together and looking real good in the spring.  I believe he surprises us and is a much better choice than Yams or Neidert.

No. I will never give him love until he deserves it.

I was actually at one of his ST starts and he got a lot of weak contact so I'll give you that.

What's cool about the rotation's potential is that the up-and-coming guys are actually pretty close to ready, not live arms in A-ball. 

We've already seen Sixto, Rogers, and Elieser look good. Cabrera, Neidert, Braxton were/would have been in the upper minors. Meyer hasn't played in the minors, but he's a polished college arm. That all gives me a lot more hope.

• Like 4

Man, had Edward not gotten hurt it would be Sixto/Pablo/Sandy/Rogers/Edward. Assuming everyone continues to pitch well, And considering one of them goes goes to the bullpen in the playoffs, that’s a really tough rotation for any team to go up against.

There’s still a slight chance they bring him up toward the end of the season if he can make some good progress over the next couple weeks. Should be an exciting sprint to the finish for us!

Edited by marlinsmaniac

37 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Man, had Edward not gotten hurt it would be Sixto/Pablo/Sandy/Rogers/Edward. Assuming everyone continues to pitch well, And considering one of them goes goes to the bullpen in the playoffs, that’s a really tough rotation for any team to go up against.

There’s still a slight chance they bring him up toward the end of the season if he can make some good progress over the next couple weeks. Should be an exciting sprint to the finish for us!

Couldn’t agree more. I expected to see Sixto this year, but seeing Rogers come up and have success in addition to Pablo & Sandy seemingly taking the next step is the takeaway from this season no matter how they finish. 

Based on where Cabrera is, he’s the perfect candidate to start a double header, and pitch out of relief if we make the playoffs. 

Say what you want about this being a “real season”, but getting Sixto, Sandy, Pablo, Rogers, Cabrera, Anderson, etc playoff experience is invaluable as we head into 2021 & beyond.

Edited by marlins_09