Jesus Aguilar

Erick

What are everyone’s thoughts on Jesus Aguilar’s future with the Marlins?

Should we trade him in the next few days?

Should we extend him beyond this season?

Should we keep just because his name is Jesus?

Edited by Erick
  • Like 1

I think we should keep him. I'm not sold on Lewin... and he's hilarious. Team control for two more years right? Such a great dude... would love to have him and rojas as team leaders

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Erick said:

What are everyone’s thoughts on Jesus Aguilar’s future with the Marlins?

Should we trade him in the next few days?

Should we extend him beyond this season?

Should we keep just because his name is Jesus?

Eh, he’s a tough one, cause he should be able to get at least a pretty good bullpen arm but the team needs his kind of personality around. He’s like Miggy in that he elevates the people around him.

• Like 2

Aguilar is a good player for us, but he is blocking Lewin Diaz who is 24 years old and should be playing everyday. We need to see if we have anything in him. 

I would trade Aguilar but Marlins seem reluctant. 

1 minute ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Eh, he’s a tough one, cause he should be able to get at least a pretty good bullpen arm but the team needs his kind of personality around. He’s like Miggy in that he elevates the people around him.

Keeping someone who takes up a roster space because they make people laugh isn't the best of decisions. I love Aguilar as well and he's a decent bat. If some team really wanted to overpay though. Cya. Fish have pretty much said he ain't moving though anyway.

Just now, hovertical said:

Keeping someone who takes up a roster space because they make people laugh isn't the best of decisions. I love Aguilar as well and he's a decent bat. If some team really wanted to overpay though. Cya. Fish have pretty much said he ain't moving though anyway.

Oh no, I don’t mean that way thought that doesn’t hurt lol I mean that they rile the guys up and keep people motivated. When you’re playing 162 games a season with bumps and bruises and haven’t seen your family in months, that really makes a difference.

6 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

That’s another thing that really keeps me from wanting to pull the trigger. Is that for sure though, did they already agree to it? 

Not for sure, but since he is under control, no rush to trade him at this time.  

13 minutes ago, hovertical said:

I think I’d a team wants to overpay, sure.  But in my mind there’s no reason to get rid of him just to get rid of him.  I understand trading matte because he’s a FA after the season but at some point we have to start keeping some guys around that’s be pieces to compete.

13 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

That’s another thing that really keeps me from wanting to pull the trigger. Is that for sure though, did they already agree to it? 

Nothing official, but it seems to be widely anticipated.  I don’t expect it to be announced anytime soon either with CBA negotiations sure to be a cluster.

Only if we can get a decent return. I wouldn't just trade him for the sake of it.  His personality alone is great for club houze chemistry. He's also a productive hitter and would make a good DH next year.  

• Like 1

No but honestly, good teams keep players like him around. You don’t win 100 games by having a good starting lineup, half of those guys will inevitably spend time on the IL. You win 100 games by having good depth to step in and play when that inevitably happens 

• Like 4

Just now, SonOfJack said:

With the DH likely coming in 2022, there is a place for him in the lineup even with Lewin at 1B.  Glad he is staying!

We should give Lewin a chance in the OF the last 2 months of the season to see if he can handle it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.