The Official Giancarlo Stanton Man Crush Thread

Easy there, Loria. It will take more than signing 2 players and have them finish their contacts here to turn Loria into a "dem-god."

That was "demi-god."

Would "semi-god" be better?

Or, maybe, the new "all-time-god-of-baseball-ownership." LA Dodgers notwithstanding.

I dunno, unfortunately I'm not Loria (or Samson, or any FO denizen, not even a Marlins employee) but I think Loria might redeem himself. 6 years of winning would do great things for his sorry (but largely unjustified) reputation.

Can you imagine? Loria makes a big 6-7 year offer and it's accepted. It could happen, Loria will have the funding available (thanks national TV contract!) and he might be tired of being trashed for trading his biggest talents, even though it was always done for financial reasons. He may also have decided that waiting and paying a penalty for waiting was worth it to find out if Stanton can stay healthy. (Knocking on wood...)

Stanton puts up insane numbers and the whole thing turns out to be an incredible bargain and Loria pays him every dime of it. If he also signs Jose, Loria would slowly become a demi-god instead of a know-nothing goat, worshiped by this board.

A team anchored by Stanton and Jose and a supporting cast of guys like Yelich, Ozuna, Dietrich, Alvarez, Eovaldi, Heaney, maybe Rodon (or some similar prospect,) maybe Moran, maybe Marisnick, and FAs like McGehee and Jones and Salty can do some serious damage for years. Then, all they'd need is a SS. Either the one they've got gets a lot better or they find a new one. They can construct their bench and BP year-by-year.

Need a leadoff hitter though, I like Yelich, but he should be batting 2nd or 4th or something.

Need a leadoff hitter though, I like Yelich, but he should be batting 2nd or 4th or something.

He's fine leading off but if we had a true lead off man again I'd love to see Yelich bat second. Jose Reyes would have made this particular team really good, lol.

He's fine leading off but if we had a true lead off man again I'd love to see Yelich bat second. Jose Reyes would have made this particular team really good, lol.

But but but we wouldn't have perennial all-star Adeiny Hechavarria!

They have the money, they're looking to compete in the near future, and they'll have another PR nightmare if he gets traded for whatever reason. They're also not stupid enough to just let him walk. I believe they're going to sign him for the long run

That all sounds good but it ignores a history that suggests it won't happen.

That all sounds good but it ignores a history that suggests it won't happen.

He's locked up plenty of players, both internally and via free agency. The track record proves he's willing to spend, however, it also proves he will trade.

By the time we would want to trade him, his veteran no trade clause will be in effect anyway.

He's locked up plenty of players, both internally and via free agency. The track record proves he's willing to spend, however, it also proves he will trade.

By the time we would want to trade him, his veteran no trade clause will be in effect anyway.

Um ... he still has a ways to go for that to come in.

That's true, I was moreso thinking that he hadn't signed a player this close to free agency to a big deal last time he had the chance (Cabrera). We all hope, obviously.

The Astros just bought out Singleton, a top prospect, with -0- service time at 22 years old for 5 years plus 3 options.

The Marlins didn't buy out Stanton with 93 HR/11.1 WAR after 2 1/2 seasons who turned 23 years old late in the last of those seasons.

So now some of you think Loria is going to offer him close to $200 million contract? I just want to make sure I have that right.