. . . Soooo . . . Hanley and 3B?

you don't handle an emotional person by getting just as emotional .... there is a lot of time until spring training ..... let the initial wave ride out and reassess ...... no need for knee jerk reactions

ozzie laid the groundwork perfectly .... each time they talk the emotion of the move will drain a little until he's on board with it

you don't handle an emotional person by getting just as emotional .... there is a lot of time until spring training ..... let the initial wave ride out and reassess ...... no need for knee jerk reactions

ozzie laid the groundwork perfectly .... each time they talk the emotion of the move will drain a little until he's on board with it

One of the best post on this site. You are 100% correct.

Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports that Hanley Ramirez does not want to play third base and wants to be traded if he can't play shortstop.

The Marlins seem to be under the assumption that Ramirez will be a good soldier and move to the hot corner, but it might not be that simple. President of baseball operations Admin Beinfest has given no indication that he's planning to deal the shortstop, but it sounds like Hanley might force his way out. Stay tuned.

DAMNIT!!

Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports that Hanley Ramirez does not want to play third base and wants to be traded if he can't play shortstop.

The Marlins seem to be under the assumption that Ramirez will be a good soldier and move to the hot corner, but it might not be that simple. President of baseball operations Admin Beinfest has given no indication that he's planning to deal the shortstop, but it sounds like Hanley might force his way out. Stay tuned.

DAMNIT!!

Wow.

I blame the Marlins more for this than I do Hanley, assuming it's true.

DAMNIT!!

Wow.

This might not be true though, well see.

DAMNIT!!

Wow.

I mean, the Marlins should've consulted him (and probably did) before signing Reyes, but it's not like Hanley was a good defensive shortstop in his career anyway. If he wanted to stay at short, he should've played better defensively. Then Reyes would be at 2nd, Infante 3rd, Hanley short, and just about everybody would be happy. But Hanley's always been a huge tool, so this comes as no surprise.

I'd say to wait for confirmation of this being true, but knowing Hanley's track record, there's no question that it is.

Hanley.. this is an incredibly stupid move. You're going to come out looking like a total jackass.

I don't blame him. He earned his contract and the ability to play short. The Marlins should have sorted this all out before acquiring Reyes.

I don't really either.. but he's still going to come out looking like a selfish turd.