Cishek

Dunn

Capps

Ramos

Jennings

Caminero

AVAILABLE

About right?

I wouldn't be surprised if they have another Nate Robertson-like signing before the offseason is over to say they added a lefty to the rotation. This old-school front office kinda works that way. Rotation is young and doesn't have a lefty so must add an experienced lefty even if he's not that good.

Leave Koehler as the number five guy until Heaney or someone is ready, then shift Koehler to the pen.

I'm indifferent. I don't think Koehler did anything wrong to lose that spot, he was fine as our fifth starter. But I also think putting him in the pen is our best way to insert a long reliever and find out how Flynn or Hand can do next year in the rotation. We don't need a third lefty in the pen, and specifically Flynn has nothing left to prove in the minors... time to see what he's got.

I think Koehler probably starts the season as the #5 starter, but I also expect Adam Conley to take over that spot by June and prove that he belongs in the rotation long term.

Heaney > Conley

I like Conley, he came up big in 2013, but he is likely a year away. Just too many arms in front of him right now.

Heaney's obviously a better prospect than Conley. But Conley could definitely make the rotation if pitchers fail to live up to expectation or injuries occur (and this is likely to happen to at least two of our starting pitchers).

Fernandez

Eovaldi

Turner

Alvarez

Koehler

I don't believe Eovaldi/Turner/Alvarez, if they all begin the season still on the Marlins, are all going to post mid 3 ERA's again next season. When some of them get injured or falter (and obviously Koehler gets replaced) I'd go Conley before Heaney. Heaney's the better pitcher and the better prospect, but Conley's got more innings logged in the minors. Heaney has barely over 100 IP in the minors, while Conley has over 250 IP. When a starting pitcher needs to come up, I'd rather let Conley take his place early.

Honestly, I'd rather let Heaney pitch the whole season in AA/AAA ball and come up in 2015.

But again, I'm probably higher on Conley than a number of people on here. I see him as a future #3 starter in our rotation (Heaney's a #2 of course).

I like Conley as well, although not that much. I would give him the nod over Heaney. Give Heaney the opportunity to develop while giving Conley an opportunity. Plus, we're going to suck so no need to call Heaney mid season.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have another Nate Robertson-like signing before the offseason is over to say they added a lefty to the rotation. This old-school front office kinda works that way. Rotation is young and doesn't have a lefty so must add an experienced lefty even if he's not that good.

Why would you sign a lefty starter when you have Flynn and Hand who are both ML ready...to spend more money?

I guess that is the Marlin way!

• 1 month later...

Starters

C Saltalamacchia

1B Jones

2B Furcal

SS Hechavarria

3B McGehee

LF Yelich

CF Ozuna

RF Stanton

Bench

C Mathis

IF Solano or Lucas

IF/OF Baker

IF/OF Dobbs

OF Bogusevic

Rotation

1. Fernandez

2. Eovaldi

3. Alvarez

4. Turner

5. Koehler or Flynn or Hand

Bullpen

Cishek

Dunn

Capps

Ramos

Jennings

Marmol

Caminero/Koehler

It looks like there's only a few spots open for competition. Lucas and Solano are going to beat each other up for the final bench spot. Fifth starter spot is open, Koehler with the inside edge, Flynn right there with him and Hand far behind. If Koehler takes the final rotation spot, I see Slowey in long relief (we won't carry three lefties, so Hand is out. Flynn will gets starts in NO). If Flynn takes the final spot in the rotation, Koehler takes long relief.

Now that Marmol has a guaranteed contract, it looks like the bullpen is set depending on who wins the fifth starter spot. If Koehler wins, Caminero is likely locked in for the final spot. However if someone like Flynn surprises and take the 5th spot, I could see Koehler sending Caminero to NO. So, essentially the rosters are set with just a couple of small battles... but looks like we know what we're getting.

Pitchers (12)

Rotation(5) : Jose-Eovaldi-Alvarez-Turner-(1 pitcher among Flynn, Hand, Koehler, Slowey and Heaney)

Bullpen(6) : Cishek©, Dunn, Jennings, Ramos, Capps, Marmol

(competition for 1 bullpen spot : H. Rodriguez, Roe, Caminero, Brady, Dayton, Dyson, Hatcher, Olmos, Sanchez and Urena)

Hitters (13)

Catcher(2) : Salty, Mathis

Inf.(6) : Jones, Baker, Furcal, Hech, McGehee, Dobbs

Of.(4) : Yelich, Ozuna, Stanton, Bogusevic

(competition for 1 hitter' spot : Dietrich, Lucas, Solano, Wigginton and Johnson)

Cause of signing Marmol, 1 player will be DFAd sooner or later. / Bold players are lefty or swithed

Any missing part?